JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you seen the ad for the new gun lovk box made out of plastic? No batteries, just a finger coded four finger button area to create 81 possible combinations and then one thumb area to open? Possible accessories are cable or extra lock for box. Any ideas? Anyone use this? Looks cool! Also a buy one get one from a family owned business:)

IMG_8909.jpeg IMG_8910.jpeg

Have you seen the ad for the new gun lovk box made out of plastic? No batteries, just a finger coded four finger button area to create 81 possible combinations and then one thumb area to open? Possible accessories are cable or extra lock for box. Any ideas? Anyone use this? Looks cool! Also a buy one get one from a family owned business:)

View attachment 1798892 View attachment 1798894
9 y/o broke it

Honestly there are plenty of people that could use this is they cared enough...... toddlers pulling triggers comes to mind. Plastic storage containers aren't tough to breach but it could also be said that something is better than nothing.

While something is better than nothing, I would not buy the Stopbox over other options.

For less money I would buy a Vaultek Lifepod.

While something is better than nothing, I would not buy the Stopbox over other options.

For less money I would buy a Vaultek Lifepod.
Interesting…. I like Vaultek, have a vault for the vehicle. This Lifepod and the Lifepod 2.0 look interesting for mobile storage.

Interesting…. I like Vaultek, have a vault for the vehicle. This Lifepod and the Lifepod 2.0 look interesting for mobile storage.

They are a good product, been using them for years.
For a little more money i think they have portable vaulteks made of metal ( the lifepods are plastic)

This product looks similar to what I have cabled underneath the seat of my pickup. I have no illusion that it can't be broken into. But, since it is under the seat and a little harder to get at, someone would spend more time than they like getting into it. After you've smashed my window to get into my pickup, do you really want to be hanging around trying to break into that hand vault? Especially since the gun is in my holster (or hand), and I'm coming back soon. :mad:

Mine does have a lot more possible combinations than the 81 advertised for this product. It would be good to have a mechanism where it "locks up" and needs a key after a certain amount of unsuccessful tries. Both hand vaults in our house have that feature. I think you only get three tries.

This product looks similar to what I have cabled underneath the seat of my pickup. I have no illusion that it can't be broken into. But, since it is under the seat and a little harder to get at, someone would spend more time than they like getting into it. After you've smashed my window to get into my pickup, do you really want to be hanging around trying to break into that hand vault? Especially since the gun is in my holster (or hand), and I'm coming back soon. :mad:

Mine does have a lot more possible combinations than the 81 advertised for this product. It would be good to have a mechanism where it "locks up" and needs a key after a certain amount of unsuccessful tries. Both hand vaults in our house have that feature. I think you only get three tries.
Check out console vault, they do in your center console.

Yes, I bought a couple StopBoxes maybe a year ago (a BOGO special, I think). I sent them both back within a week.

Eyes wide open, I knew beforehand that they were light weight, easy to break into, had limited combinations, and limited internal capacity. None of that stuff was a problem for my intended purpose. I only wanted to contain one EDC, part-time, and have it be just one step more secure than unholstering and laying it on the side table by my recliner. Two rooms, two recliners, hence two boxes. My main problem with the StopBox was simple. I could not get into the dang thing easily or quickly.

Here's why not: Working the combination required my hand to press down across the top of the box at a precise angle. It then required the dexterity to reach and depress my "chosen" buttons/tabs simultaneously. It also required enough finger strength to depress those buttons without causing the whole box to go skittering out of that "precise" position on the table top. Being older than dirt and arthritic, all that was tough for me. YMMV

When (actually, if) I could get the internal catch to release, the lid did not pop open because - remember - my hand is still on top of the box. When I moved the hand away, the lid just sort of pushed up a bit (thanks to the cushiony foam inside). So, I had to hold the lightweight, skittery box in place with one hand while I used the other hand to raise the lid. Once I got the lid up, neither hand was in position to quickly & easily remove the pistol.

To me, that whole process seemed akin to two monkeys trying to eff a football. The return process was very easy, though; I'll give the company credit for that.

Last Edited:
Yes, I bought a couple StopBoxes maybe a year ago (a BOGO special, I think). I sent them both back within a week.

Eyes wide open, I knew beforehand that they were light weight, easy to break into, had limited combinations, and limited internal capacity. None of that stuff was a problem for my intended purpose. I only wanted to contain one EDC, part-time, and have it be just one step more secure than unholstering and laying it on the side table by my recliner. Two rooms, two recliners, hence two boxes. My main problem with the StopBox was simple. I could not get into the dang thing easily or quickly.

Here's why not: Working the combination required my hand to press down across the top of the box at a precise angle. It then required the dexterity to reach and depress my "chosen" buttons/tabs simultaneously. It also required enough finger strength to depress those buttons without causing the whole box to go skittering out of that "precise" position on the table top. Being older than dirt and arthritic, all that was tough for me. YMMV

When (actually, if) I could get the internal catch to release, the lid did not pop open because - remember - my hand is still on top of the box. When I moved the hand away, the lid just sort of pushed up a bit (thanks to the cushiony foam inside). So, I had to hold the lightweight, skittery box in place with one hand while I used the other hand to raise the lid. Once I got the lid up, neither hand was in position to quickly & easily remove the pistol.

To me, that whole process seemed akin to two monkeys trying to eff a football. The return process was very easy, though; I'll give the company credit for that.
Yeah. I wonder how many times the guy in the video practiced that movement. His motions seem a bit stilted.

Check out console vault, they do in your center console.
I searched by make/model/year and they didn't have one for any of our three vehicles. Two of them are older, but they didn't have anything for a Dodge Ram pickup even if was a newer model. My Forester is ancient, so I wasn't surprised. But the Rav4 isn't that old (2018) and still nothing.

I have thought about getting one of those larger vaults that bolts to the bed of the pickup, but I just don't think I'd use it that much.

Mostly I'm carrying my gun on me anyway.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews