JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have access to left over Unistrut at work and use that to make my stands and hang steel. You can also mix it with lumber. The slotted Unistrut is very modular which is nice.

One more question, any suggestions on a dueling tree? Needs to be taller, saw this and made me want to ask.

I don't have one but the one you linked looks pretty light duty.
A good dueling tree is expensive. You could buy the parts on line (Ebay) and some locally, do the layout, do any cutting and have a local welder put it together.
Typically they are about 5 feet tall.
View: https://youtu.be/qBpTP4depWc

One more question, any suggestions on a dueling tree?
Many out there.

We have the Birchwood Casey one. This here:

5 years now. Like it. Heavy to medium use when we first bought it, for about a year. Probably 500 rounds at it a month, guessing. All 9mm.

Light use these days.

Recommend. A bit spendy, so look around a bit for sure!

-Ours was $174, on special plus free shipping (looked up the order).

Edit: Definitely look around a bit. The above tree is $271 at Home Depot (of all places!?!). Free ship.

Last Edited:
Some options...but not cheap...from Action Target...

PT Ranger and PT Scout stands...I don't have any experience with these so not sure how well they work.

PT Practice Stand...I do have several of these and they've been fantastic. Wonderfully portable and easy setup. Can be adjusted to two different heights. You can attach a variety of target heads but they have to be their heads with the correct mounts attached. The stands are no ballistic steal. They stand up to spall but you can put a hole in them if you hit them directly...which I've done a few times. But it would take a ton of direct hits before they became unusable.

Thanks on the trees, the only reason that first one was interesting is it's taller. Most have the lower 2 targets well below hitting a berm.

However, I'll keep looking around.

I am so jealous. Every time I go to bi-mart and see those steel targets. I wish I had a much bigger property... :s0004:
Any open and safe outdoor target places now you can recommend around of drive-able from Yamhill county?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top