JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was cleaning out my safe and found that I may have a diamond in the rough. It appears I have a Springfield armory G3 that was made in Greece and the serial number indicates that it was one of the original 475 that were imported in the pre-ban era.
Does anybody out there? Have any idea what something like this is worth all the sites that I've looked on for comparisons have nothing like it.
Also, any information on where to source a bipod, bayonet and lug would be appreciated.
Thanks

IMG_2670.jpeg IMG_2672.jpeg IMG_2668.jpeg IMG_2673.jpeg

One day, I will clean out my safe, and discover guns I didn't know I had. Though, it probably will be due to Alzheimer's, and not the vast quantity of arms I've collected 😂. Cool gun, no idea on value.

Except for the the manufacturer markings, it looks exactly like a German HK91, so I assume it was either assembled from German parts or manufactured under license on HK equipment.

The bayonet goes over the barrel (rather than under, like US does) so it doesn't need a bayonet lug since the bayonet slips over the muzzle and into the tube above the barrel. Depending on the bayonet model, it may require an adapter (like in this vid
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGrmnS02Okg
) but there are other ones that just require the dust cover gets removed. That type is the one I've seen. I would suggest just stalking the internet for bayonets and bipods. Be warned, HK parts come at a considerable premium.

elsie

Except for the the manufacturer markings, it looks exactly like a German HK91, so I assume it was either assembled from German parts or manufactured under license on HK equipment.

The bayonet goes over the barrel (rather than under, like US does) so it doesn't need a bayonet lug since the bayonet slips over the muzzle and into the tube above the barrel. Depending on the bayonet model, it may require an adapter (like in this vid
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGrmnS02Okg
) but there are other ones that just require the dust cover gets removed. That type is the one I've seen. I would suggest just stalking the internet for bayonets and bipods. Be warned, HK parts come at a considerable premium.

elsie
I'm finding out the cost ! I've seen bipods for up to $275-400, the bayonets fetch $150-250 and bayonet spring attachment point are almost impossible to find so far !
That's what sent me down rabbit hole on the overall price of these rifles.
The only ones I've seen were on old forums stating they went for around 3k ( and that was a long time ago)
Thanks for your input!!!

Last Edited:
One day, I will clean out my safe, and discover guns I didn't know I had. Though, it probably will be due to Alzheimer's, and not the vast quantity of arms I've collected 😂. Cool gun, no idea on value.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It would be a very rare thing here for a gun to get forgotten or lost in a safe.

I'm assuming this rifle is semi auto only, unlike the ones my pal made from Portuguese kits.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews