Sons of Guns (giant soap opera)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Starship, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Starship

Starship Active Member

3   0   0
    Okay, watched a couple of the new shows and seems that it has now been turned into nothing but a soap opera.

1. Barely capable employee marries owners daughter. Becomes even less capable and is made management.
    2. Show spends more time showing how to make a sand sled (mobile) than building a gun. Note to producers: Sandmobiles are easy to find you don't have to convert a snowmobile from scratch.
    3. Will makes Joe the CEO but neither find it necessary to tell anyone else about it.
    4. Company needs money but still spends thousands blowing things up to show a customer that the new gun will shoot.
    5. Company finds out after doing some oddball build and spending dollars to blow things up that they didn't make any money on it.

Etc Etc Etc

P.S. Note to Will, might want to be careful how you treat Joe. My understanding is that he owns the FFL for the shop and if he leaves you might have an issue.
    Don H likes this.
  2. kenboy

kenboy GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

12   0   0
    Ya, but I still watch it...... I miss the gunsmithing from the Colorado Gunsmoke shop.
    Caveman Jim and Don H like this.
  3. Velzey

Velzey Well-Known Member

0   0   0
    It's amazing how much propane they use for the explosions... And all done by remote

That show is like a train wreck.. The owner and daughter cannot have an ffl so joe has to have it in his name... And prior to joe working their full time they had to use Vince's ffl to keep the doors open...

Looks to me like the pretty boy that married the bosses daughter pretty much just sits around in the office getting fat..

Makes me giggle every time it think of the ak sniper rifle build... Never been done before lmao. That one got me banned from their fb page I gave them so much grief over
  4. mpmax

mpmax Active Member

54   0   0
    The AK Sniper rifle was "game-changer".
  5. SCARed

SCARed Active Member

1   0   0
    What about their Piston AR.... I mean, their AR built with the fail- proof piston design from an AK that no one else has ever done.
    Now THAT was a game changer!
  6. Velzey

Velzey Well-Known Member

0   0   0
    This is the goofiest thing so far...

7. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Well-Known Member

2   0   0
    Top Shot, season 5 was definitely worth watching. No drama, just nice guys shooting all kinds of cool guns and fun targets. I bet they'd make money offering this as a weekend camp for gun people to attend.
    OLDNEWBIE, BVB and Peteralexander78 like this.
  8. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Active Member

5   0   0
    It's a show, it's entertaining, I watch it for just that. If I ever was given a poll on that show or any other, 5 stars. Why? Because as long as there is shows about guns and people following them, then we as gun owners remain to keep the upper hand. I do like the Will safety message prior to every episode, and I do miss American guns, or I just miss his daughter, not sure which I miss the most, but more important, support these shows are supporting our 2A rights also.
    Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. Velzey

Velzey Well-Known Member

0   0   0
    Wild West Alaska seems to be pretty decent
    PORSCHE928S4 likes this.
  10. evltwn

evltwn Active Member

4   0   0
    Gee, that POS show is still on?
    BVB likes this.
  11. etrain16

etrain16 Well-Known Member

11   0   0
    I tried watching that show, I just couldn't get into it. Typical 'reality' show - it's all about the drama and nothing about running a gun business. I have yet to see a 'reality' gun show that works yet. Maybe they'll figure it out some day.
  12. jrprich

jrprich Active Member

19   0   0
    It seems like most of these shows follow the same tired format. They start off being about what and how the business builds but quickly move to being all about the people (who cares) and just become a bubblegum fest. o_O
    Capn Jack likes this.
  13. RVTECH

RVTECH Well-Known Member

10   0   0
    Capn Jack and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  14. jrprich

jrprich Active Member

19   0   0
    I think these shows do most gun owners a great disservice as they encourage the belief that all gun owners are as crazy and unstable as these NUTS.
    Like we all go out and blow things up :mad:
    Capn Jack and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  15. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

11   0   0
    Anti-gunners see this program as what they think every gun owner is, shootin fully-automatic guns with 1000 round bullet clip thingies & blowin up stuff littering the forests and causing forest fires.
    They lack the common sense to actually look into what "real gun owners" are all about. Neighbors, coworkers & businesses who just want to live their lives the way they want to.....

If people do not chose to not own a gun for whatever reasons, I respect that, If only they respect my right to own guns. If not then it's game on!!!
  16. DieselScout

DieselScout Well-Known Member

7   0   0
    For my gun fix I have been turning to YouTube (via Xbox). I have been watching Jerry Miculek's channel, the Military Arms Channel and Iraqvetern8888. Rather support them then mass media.
  17. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE Well-Known Member

0   0   0
    I feel the TV is full of negative stereotypes about Southerners more and more. Hard to tell what the net impact of all these over the top shows are on gun rights as most people know the amount of BS these shows pile on.
    Caveman Jim and LoneStar like this.
  18. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Active Member

5   0   0
    I for one am one of those southerners, North Carolina born and breed, by way of Virginia, now here. Yes, we like to blow stuff up, and we like making weird stuff, issue is, outside of the south, everyone thinks we are stupid, but I think we are some of the smartest people around!
    Caveman Jim and Don H like this.
  19. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Well-Known Member

1   0   0
    Not to mention there are some really hot girls have southern accents, and they likely to not be intimidated by guns or gutting out a deer. :)
  20. DieselScout

DieselScout Well-Known Member

7   0   0
    I really don't think those traits have anything to so with being southern and everything to so with being a guy.
    JohnnyD and Caveman Jim like this.