JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am wondering if there are any shops in the Portland you guys would recommend for buying firearms accessories? I live in N. Portland and I often need to pick up small things like: bipod, or a cleaning kit, AR mags, etc. Fishermans and Dicks are very close by but Fishermen's selection is terrible and the prices are insane on supplies, accessories; Dick's has a slightly better selection, but the prices are usually high as well.

Sometimes I'd really like to buy local and support a small, local business...any ideas?

Thanks,
DJM

I feel your pain on Fisherman's and Dicks. Wholesale sports in Vanc and Clackamas sometimes has better selection on some stuff (cleaning supplies, accessories)....and sometimes not. Always seems when I'm in there, they'll have everything on my list but ONE or TWO items that are the ones I really need at that moment. Prices are about par with everyone else.

Thanks for the heads up on Wholesale sports -- I've driven by a few times, but I live way up in N. Portland, close to PIR raceway. Just looked up bi-pods: both Dick's and Wholesale have Caldwell bipods: 55 at WS, 59 at Dicks. Not really worth the drive all the way across town just to save a few bucks.

If I want a "cheaper" bipod, then give me an NC star $20 special; $60 is approaching the price of Harris bipods via online stores. Everytime I try to find something locally I run into this problem and makes me think: is this a business opportunity?

Cheers,
DJM

You might also search out your nearest Bi-Mart. While they don't have a HUGE selection by any stretch of the imagination, they do have a respectable selection of lesser-expensive items and their prices are usually pretty darn good. It's a $5/lifetime membership that I've had pay for itself already in the pricing and availability of different ammo (like trying to find 150-gr 7mm Rem Mag two years ago) and other odds and ends. Right now through Sunday they've got bore snakes at 20% off the "regular" price of ~$16 (which is about same as everywhere else). Bi-Mart also has the best price going on Ruger 10/22 and Savage 17HMR's just about all the time...and carries a good supply of reloading supplies if you need as well.

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone that has a selection like Cabela's locally, and they have gotten pretty fat on their prices for just about everything unless you catch it in the bargain cave...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top