JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snaps pulled from video. USPSA on the 14th.

vlcsnap-2023-10-23-15h51m10s283.png vlcsnap-2023-10-23-15h53m13s714.png vlcsnap-2023-10-23-15h54m37s281.png

I assume the flashlight mount is a clamp of some kind. Can you line it with rubber (think pieces cut from an inner tube)? The flexibility may keep the flashlight from moving.
Its a clamp on, most likely it loosened up a bit because I was shooting some heavy loads today, didn't happen with lighter loads. But I'll see if I can squeeze a bit of rubber underneath as extra insurance.

Kinda wanna see how it'd hold up on a henry with .45-70 "magnum" loads now.

That being said, not many stepped up when I let people shoot the revolver, but they sure did enjoy shooting .454 out of a rifle! The few who tried the revolver hated it.

Though I had to put the revolver down, banged up my main shooting hand while working on the truck this morning, so could only put a box of hornady 300 GR XTP through it.

I first saw load data for .44 mag 300 gr xtp bullets in a shooting rag 30 some odd years ago. at that time they said the load would only work in the superblackhawk because the cylinder was longer than any other on the market. rushed right out and got what I needed to load for it, loaded a 100 and rushed right out to shoot it. superblackhawk 7 1/2 inch barrel and stock wood grips. HATED it, hurt like hell to shoot, couldn't hit diddly, bought the good for the day Hogue rubber grips and put them on it. that made it bearable to shoot but still not fun. that was the extent of my 300 gr hornady xtp in .44 mag. I kept the gun around for another 20 years or so then sold it and got a gp-100 in .327 federal mag, the gp100 is much more to my liking.

Yeah, hogue grips are a must have after a certain point.

250 gr xtp from precision one? Any grip is fine. 300 gr? Maybe get some rubber. The hornady, buffalo bore, or my reloads? I'M not shooting those without a hogue grip. I tried with a wood grip, tried with wood side panel grip, resorted going back to all rubber. And hogue is the best I've had so far for comfort.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews