JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would you order a firearm before research? That is like buying a car then ask if it's any good.

Rock River's are okay. Not the worst but okay to my standards.

But most importantly, if you like it that's what matters. :s0155:

I never said I didn't do the research I'm just wondering what the people on this forum think. I've seen and read plenty of mixed reviews and the guys where I ordered it through rather like RRA

Then I am sure you made right choice, just enjoy the rifle and not get into E-argument X is better than X. That will just make your head spin. :)

Okay, I just looked what type of AR is. Not my cup of tea, to be honest you could have gotten COLT SP6920.

For the price, they aren't bad. I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of reviews on them, and the usual comments about how you should have bought a 'BCM, DD, Noveske, LMT, COLT, etc, etc, etc.' What it really comes down to is how you feel about it, and how you are going to be using it. IF you were looking to buy something that you can 'hammer' on in carbine classes, dumping thousands of rounds through in weekend after weekend, or carrying it in harm's way (LEO, military, etc), etc., then I might say that you would have been better served looking at one of those other brands.

But for plinking, target shooting, occasional competition, like most do with these things, I'd say you are fine. For the money, you may have been able to assemble something (assuming you have some mechanical skill and can follow instructions from a book, online, or video), from parts that may or may not be better/equal to/or not as good as what you have in your RRA, for prices that may be better or worse. In other words, could you have done better? Maybe, maybe not. Should it make any difference what anyone else has to say about your choice? IMHO - no. Go buy yourself some ammo, safety gear (hearing/eye protection), get familiar with how-to safely operate it, clean and lube it, and go enjoy it.:s0155:

Based on some Nutnfancy video reviews of the RRA rifles... they look like good rifles.... again based on the reviews they look squared away. Personally I am not a big fan of Colt ARs (I owned a LE6920).

I own a RRA Operator and have great fun with it. My gun experience is not as wide spread as many of the folks on the forum so from a newbie perspective I think you will enjoy it. If it is your first AR I would really encourage you to take your time and break down the bolt assembly a couple of times to be sure you can get it cleaned and back together. I wasn't so smart and took me a bit with video help to reassemble. Have Fun!

I have two, a 16" and an 18" operator series and love them! They shoot great are easy to tear down and clean. I have an EoTech on one and a Nikon .223 scope on the other. Modify them to your hearts content and go shoot as often as possible :s0155:

Enjoy them and don't let anyone tell you that it is a poor platform, as long as you are happy then that is all that matters! In the end if you end up not liking it, sell it and get something different, opinions are like hind ends everyone has one :s0114:

Just be aware that it will never be as good as a 'BCM, DD, Noveske, LMT, COLT, etc, etc, etc.'

Of course, I was joking:) I have a Noveske and had 2 RRA (sold the one most like the Noveske). Will be buying a Colt Expert or Elite later. For the price especially, the RRA is a very good product.

Just be aware that it will never be as good as a 'BCM, DD, Noveske, LMT, COLT, etc, etc, etc.'

Yeah your joking... RR is good it can go 1000's of rd no problem...I live by Rainier Arms and thy sell all kinds of high end stuff but unless you can go side by side in the jungle in the swamp in the desert you can't say which is better. Guess the life time warranty doesn't apply when the apocalypses comes :D

Don't listen to the haters. They make a fine firearm. If you have any concerns you can go through the AR reliability checklist (properly staked gas key, gas ring alignment, etc). The DEA chose them as the supplier for their rifles so they must be doing something right.

I took mine to a national school and out-shot all but one of my classmates with Iron sights (Everyone else had optics except for one guy with a 1903) out to 400 yards. Have yet to get a single FTF or jam of any kind. If you're doing serious (competition--level) precision shooting it might make a difference. For just about anything else you can't go wrong. But then I wouldn't take the AR platform out against a serious bolt-action gun for precision anyway unless you want to spend the same $3k for your AR that the bolt guys do for a top-notch precision competition gun.

Don't pay attention to the gun snobs, most of them don't even own a AR, wouldn't know a good fire arm if it bit them on the arse.:s0112:

Seriously, RRA has been around for a long time and has a good product. Learn how the maintain the gun and it well serve you (and your grandchildren) well.

Download a free copy of the ARMY TM 9-1005-319-23&P, just google it, not hard to find.

If it's not a Noveske, it's bubblegum.

:s0113:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews