JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been wondering the same thing. I've always loved the Rem 700 aka M24, but I know that alot of things changed since I last held one. A 308 is in my future, it's just cloudy as to which one it'll be....

I also considered buying the savage FP and could have gotten a good deal considering I have a relative who is the regional sales rep but I went with the Rem700VTR... Handle both, remington's 700VTR looked better to me as far as fit, finish, & ergonomics

Its basically a tossup between the two, you will be pleased with either, some say that one is more accurate then the other. For me it more depends on which fits me best, along with aftermarket support if I decide to build it in to anything.

I'm interested in the Rem. 700 milspec r5, basically a 700 in a synthetic stock with a SS barrel in military contour more or less. Supposedly more accurate. .308 for common ammo, 1x11.25" twist.

I really want a Tac-Ops Tango 51 but out of my pocketbook range.

My 700sendero 300RUM is a tack driver. My M700 308 is a great rifle, but my buddy has the 10fp .308 with a McMillan A5 and a nice Nightforce scope and it's an awesome rifle. Either way, you wont go wrong.

I have a Remington 700 BDL. 26" heavy. Bought a used (McMillen) A-4 and detachable mag converion (H-S Precision) for 308 4 round and 10 round mags. And the optics, 10x42M Tactical. All said and done including the price of the weapon I spent about $1800 to get what I wanted. :D

Stock
<broken link removed>

mag convertion
<broken link removed>

Optics - SWFA SS 10x42 Tactical Riflescope
<broken link removed>

dang the McMillen A3 stock looks perfect for what I am trying to build.

How do you like the HS mag conversion?

I have been reading they have some feeds issues and that led me to the Badger Ordinance setup.

<broken link removed>

dang the McMillen A3 stock looks perfect for what I am trying to build.

How do you like the HS mag conversion?

I have been reading they have some feeds issues and that led me to the Badger Ordinance setup.
I love my H-S.. I got it cause of the 10 round mags.. I wanted a true tactical weapon system. And outside of spending a lot of money to have a gunsmith work it so I could use M1A1 mags (M14) this was the best deal for me. I did try the Kwik Clip convertion from Cabelas ( $119) but it was for long action only ( 30-06 ). At the time i built my weapon system, I hadnt heard of the Badger Ordinance..

I have not had any feed issues with my setup yet.. I have run about 400 founds through my weapon sense I built it.

I have a 10fp hsp with nightforce 5.5x22 and nightforce picitinni rail and warne quick release tactical rings. Off the bench it will put 5 rounds in one ragged hole at 200 yards. My partner has a 700 rem custom with lilja tube and Macmillan stock and nightforce scope that does the same thing as my rifle but mine cost less than half of the money!

5 rounds one hole 200 yds?
Seriously I want proof!
Whats your load?
Thats benchrest stuff there
If you show proof of that my next rifle is a savage!

Cheap accurate ammo is only available to those who can reload and take the time to work up a load their rifle likes. All rifles have their own pet load and it can take hundreds of rounds to finally get to the point of max accuracy. All three of my 308 rifles shoot well with 178 amax with 41.3 gr of 4064 using rem 9 1/2 and rem. brass. It took me a year of testing different loads to land on that load. That is the fun of shooting.

Load your own if at all possible...use the best bullet for the match you are shooting...work up a good load...you will have more fun at less expense if you shoot much...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews