JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think most get them as a suppressor host.

Take a picture, post on internet, place back into safe.

Of all the ones I've ever shot, they all had issues.

If you have Instagram, go for it.
1645914872205.jpeg

I think most get them as a suppressor host.

Take a picture, post on internet, place back into safe.

Of all the ones I've ever shot, they all had issues.

If you have Instagram, go for it.
View attachment 1140579
Agree about issues and this has been the experience of many ppl including myself. Number one issue is reliability. To have any chance it must be very clean and u must use specific ammo. and probably not have a full mag. Even then it's a crap shoot imo and most people report about an 80% reliability rate. As I said in OP's other thread this is probably the last gun I would consider for self defense (assuming the zip 22 is out ha ha). My POS Jennings was actually more reliable than my Bobcat. Both were terrible. Imo this is the gun you want your opponent to have in a gun fight. This copied from a previous thread about most unpleasant gun you ever had:

...Beretta bobcat in 22lr. Nasty POS that when it actually fires shoots the case back into ur face (it is built with no extractor). Impossible to shoot accurately. Noisy. If it gets the slightest bit dirty it becomes a Jam-o-matic. Vague, very heavy trigger. Hammer is tiny and hard to get a grip on and is ridiculously hard to pull back. Extremely tiny surface to grip slide and way too hard to rack slide. Crappy, hard, and cheap-feeling bakelite-type grips that melt with any kind of gun cleaner. Nasty and harsh to shoot. Also creates hammer bruises and slide bites your hand often.

Some others opinions:
B1FD88FC-3C9B-4A9B-9BBB-A73F3D725D2C.jpeg
29B868B8-1306-427C-AA3D-03A49D516A3B.jpeg

Last Edited:
I like the S&W 2213 model series of pistols for a suppressor host. I have a model 61 that could be adapted to shoot with a suppressor, but I haven't tried it.
Very cheap to convert the fixed barrel over to a threaded barrel or conversely back to stock with the special barrel tool.

I have the 21a with the threaded barrel, and it has only gotten more reliable with use. I think they probably need around 250-300 rounds to get broken in to truly evaluate how picky they are. I currently can run (with 100% reliability):

Aguila standard velocity 40 grain lead, Aguila Super Extra (plated or lead), CCI Mini Mags, Armscor 36 grain hyper velocity, Federal Automatch, CCI standard velocity 40 grain lead, Aguila Hyper velocity 30 grain copper plated, Remington Thunderbolt (when it isn't a dud round 😄), and Fiocchi standard velocity 40 grain copper plated.

When I first got it, the only one of those that would function reliably was the Fiocchi! It is now a very enjoyable and surprisingly accurate pistol to shoot; I trust it as much as I trust the 22 ammo that I put in it at this point.

I have the 21a with the threaded barrel, and it has only gotten more reliable with use. I think they probably need around 250-300 rounds to get broken in to truly evaluate how picky they are. I currently can run (with 100% reliability):

Aguila standard velocity 40 grain lead, Aguila Super Extra (plated or lead), CCI Mini Mags, Armscor 36 grain hyper velocity, Federal Automatch, CCI standard velocity 40 grain lead, Aguila Hyper velocity 30 grain copper plated, Remington Thunderbolt (when it isn't a dud round 😄), and Fiocchi standard velocity 40 grain copper plated.

When I first got it, the only one of those that would function reliably was the Fiocchi! It is now a very enjoyable and surprisingly accurate pistol to shoot; I trust it as much as I trust the 22 ammo that I put in it at this point.
I agree with your assessment that they seem to get more reliable the more rounds you get through them. I don't know if anyone else has this problem with theirs but the bottom back corners of the slide are extremely pointy and sharp. If you aren't careful when racking the slide it will give a nice little slice across between your thumb and index finger.

I've two in .25ACP. Both have worked without a burp with either factory or reloaded ammunition. Though it takes some getting used to not having an extractor when clearing the pistol that has never inhibited ejection. Yes the sights are tiny, but it is made to be a 15 foot or less defensive pistol. Point and shoot, it wasn't made for target practice. I've never had any of the grip screws work lose even though one is always in a pocket when out and about. And though there are those that distain the .25ACP loadings with Glaser Safety slugs are quite effective. I've had to put down two of my fur babies and neither felt a thing. I personally like my model 21's a lot.

How many 500 bulk packs have you put through it though?

Lol
When was the last time you saw a "bulk pack" of .25ACP friend? I related my experience, you are welcome to yours. Then there is the issue of rimmed vs semi-rimmed, which does seem to work better.

Edit: Oh, and if you're trying to shoot 500 rounds of .22LR without cleaning you just might be pushing the parameters of dirt and function.

Last Edited:
You mean that you should clean every once in a while in using .22LR or that .25ACP is better in cleanliness and reliability?

If cost means more to a person than reliability then their concepts of use and ability differ from mine.
I would say your last sentence is spot on. I have the 22lr and it is a plinking toy that will never be used for anything other than fun. So if mine has reliability issues, I don't care. Also why I call it one of the funnest pieces of junk I own though I have had very few issues to date but I think the suppressor helps significantly with reliability due to the additional back pressure.

They are reliable in the sense that you can rely on them to not function when you need them to function most.

Fun guns. I'd go for something you can count on if you're needing to defend yourself.

They are reliable in the sense that you can rely on them to not function when you need them to function most.

Fun guns. I'd go for something you can count on if you're needing to defend yourself.
Maybe you should try one in .25ACP before passing judgement. And at 1 to 15 feet I'll consider it adequate for most circumstances. King Kong and doped up maniacs aside. But those guys are rare. I once owned a Colt "Baby" that had been used in a murder. One shot to the pump and it was all over.

You mean that you should clean every once in a while in using .22LR or that .25ACP is better in cleanliness and reliability?

If cost means more to a person than reliability then their concepts of use and ability differ from mine.
Cleaning has zero to do with the grip screws loosening. That's what we're talking about.

So then you don't check your pistol out while cleaning? I had one pistol that had grips that constantly loosened. A Bauer .25ACP. Nothing I did could keep those grips tight without using some adhesive. I sold the pistol for a loss. Your experience isn't the only experience. Right?

So then you don't check your pistol out while cleaning? I had one pistol that had grips that constantly loosened. A Bauer .25ACP. Nothing I did could keep those grips tight without using some adhesive. I sold the pistol for a loss. Your experience isn't the only experience. Right?
Yep.

"Yep" what pilgrim? Say something important rather than simply interject with "Yep."
Or are you simply "trolling?"

You might also mention how many Beretta Model 21's you possess in .22LR with a suppressor you fire an entire 500 rounds without cleaning.

Last Edited: