JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sold a used one once, while I had an ffl--the new buyer said it jammed every shot, told me it was a no-good pos & that he was a long-time experienced gun owner & he knew what he was doing--I mailed it to Beretta with his complaints & their finding was that the gun had not been lubricated at all & that it functioned perfectly when it was oiled.

He read the letter from Beretta, took his gun & left--far as I know it's still working great when lubed, to this day

The grip panel screws come unscrewed easily. Like 50 shots easily. The grip panels hold the trigger/hammer transfer bars in place so it's important. Probably locktite the screws.

While there are exceptions (we'll hear about them), 22LR semis tend to hate some ammo, like some and love some. Find what it likes for practice and what it loves for anything potentially serious.

I have the threaded version, new production and have only ran it suppressed. I refer to it as the funnest POS. Oddly enough I have not had any malfunctions with about 500 rounds of Federal and CCI subsonics through it. It is not a refined gun and the sights are useless suppressed. The trigger is horrible. Magazines are awful to load. Yet for some reason I love the thing and it never ceases to put a smile on my face. Always a hit at the range.

As someone else mentioned, I have had my grips come loose. I find the blowback to be very minimal when run suppressed. Surprisingly accurate for what it is. I doubt I would care for it if I couldn't run it suppressed.

I have the threaded version, new production and have only ran it suppressed. I refer to it as the funnest POS. Oddly enough I have not had any malfunctions with about 500 rounds of Federal and CCI subsonics through it. It is not a refined gun and the sights are useless suppressed. The trigger is horrible. Magazines are awful to load. Yet for some reason I love the thing and it never ceases to put a smile on my face. Always a hit at the range.

As someone else mentioned, I have had my grips come loose. I find the blowback to be very minimal when run suppressed. Surprisingly accurate for what it is. I doubt I would care for it if I couldn't run it suppressed.
They are fun to shoot. They're pretty small save for the grip.. it's quite wide and hand filling.

Suppressor? That thing needs a LOUDENER.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 11.03.21 PM.png

I have one that is great for ammo reliability but had an issue with an out of spec trigger bar. The trigger wouldn't reset after a double action pull or after releasing the hammer without firing. After having it for nine months (4x+ as long as I had it) they've promised to get it back to me in two weeks. Just hope you don't get a lemon because their customer service isn't great….

They're a 22 pistol without an extractor. Yes, the right ammunition, paired with meticulous cleaning and lubrication will reduce the failures....but there will still be failures. I love the things, they're fun, they're VERY cool. With that said, if you're going to stick one on your person as a defense gun, it's safest to assume you're going to have one shot. Is it possible you'll get through a whole mag without problems? Absolutely, but never count on it.

They're good-toy reliable, completely worth picking up for fun and games

I really like tip barrel Berettas;
I've had my Bobcat (stainless) for about 10 years and don't remember the last time it's given me any trouble. Always keep the chamber and rails clean and lightly oiled. Mine seems to like CCI blazer for the first 5 mags then CCI Mini-mags thereafter.

If you're looking for centerfire reliability maybe find one in 25acp or a post 2015 Tomcat 3032 (I hear the earlier models may have a frame crack prob. I've never personally seen one cracked, but "the internet").

or, better yet... a 380 Cheetah 86 (if ya can find one and have deep pockets) it's bigger but ... wow... they are gorgeous! I bought mine a long time ago (when they were reasonable). I've recently been offered $1100 for mine while at the range, but I haven't ever found a gun that fits me better. I guess I could get an 85 but as I said, I like the tip barrel (and it's lack of any plastic).

Last Edited: