JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, come on. Did you get your cans back? Surely you can't be under a gag order because of an illegal police action? Youve done nothing wrong so lets hear what happened.

Oh, come on. Did you get your cans back? Surely you can't be under a gag order because of an illegal police action? Youve done nothing wrong so lets hear what happened.

if he's suing, his lawyer has most likely advised him against saying anything more about it publicly.

I agree. Bhowe, did you actually get your property back? If so, were there any assurances that the sheriffs department would not do this to someone else in the future?

Once it is back in my posession I may feel more comfortable with talking about it. Although I wish it would have taken a lot less time, I am confident it will work out in my favor with the info I was given. I do no plan on any kind of lawsuit. I do not have the $ to do so, and as long as they follow through I don't feel the need to. If they had said they were going to charge me, I would not only fight it, but fight to change the laws of useage in the state (if thats what they were going to charge me with). Perhaps if they decide to charge the other person involved, he could then fight to change the law. I don't really know him or his situation though. And as far as I know, the deputy who was under the believe that silencers are completely illegal to own in this state, has been corrected. I guess that is the only assurance I have that it won't happen again. I highly doubt a memo will be sent to all police officers in the state regarding this. Therefore, if my silencer ever leaves the house again, certain precautions will be taken to make sure it never crosses paths with LE ever again.

Hello,

Today myself and a few friends decided to go out shooting. They know a place in Sultan WA that is legal to shoot at and off we went. Long story short, there were a few other people leaving as we arrived and they wanted to chit chat. We got to showing firearms to one another and some silencers we had with us at the time.

They were unaware of the legalities of silencer ownership and were under the impression they were completely illegal to own. We showed him copies of form 4's with the $200 tax stamp fully registered to each of us. We eventually wrapped up the conversation and they left.

Not ten minutes later, two Snohomish County Sheriffs deputies showed up with their lights on and instructed us all to the front of our vehicles, hands out of our pockets etc. Then they wanted to know who had the silencers. We said we did but explained they were legally owned, and no one had been shooting them (or even had them on guns).

They had us retrieve them from our bags and I also gave him the copy of my form 4. He stopped me and said "what is that?" so I told him and he said "that piece of paper doesn't mean anything to me, that only means the Feds can't come after you, but we still can." word for word.

He then told us we were lucky we were not being dragged out in cuffs. I tried to ask why but he looked like he was going to taze me or something so I backed down, not wanting to argue with someone who is already itching to arrest someone. They instructed us that it was a "class C felony" to posess a silencer in Washington State, even an FFL holder (which is something he just brought up out of the blue). They took them and said they would be forwarding it to the prosecutor who would do the actual filing of charges. Then they left and we continued shooting without incident.

Can anyone help!?!

If it is a felony, why weren't we dragged out in cuffs?
If it is a felony, why can I purchase one from an FFL dealer, and the DEALER isn't in trouble for selling it to me?

I am frustrated and confused.

Please help!

Federal Law Authorizes you to possess the silencer - State Law does not supercede federal law - I would get an attorney and also contact the NRA for assistance..

I would like to go to the place you were shooting and bring my machine guns.

I did it once here in Vancouver (The English Pit Shooting Range)
The fudds in there were freaking out:s0114::s0114:

my friends misreading the RCW's and you can actually own a fully automatic weapon? They way I read it, even with the correct Fed documentation it's still illegal to own, or possess any automatice weapon or parts that can be made into one.

I thought I had read the RCW's pretty well but maybe I missed that.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACOSWW member

my friends misreading the RCW's and you can actually own a fully automatic weapon? They way I read it, even with the correct Fed documentation it's still illegal to own, or possess any automatice weapon or parts that can be made into one.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACOSWW member

There are grandfathered full auto weapons out there.

Plus coctailer is a Manufacture.:s0155:

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACOSWW member

You are mostly right, I am a firearms manufacturer. I have a (very expensive) free pass to own machine guns.

I see you are a WAC member. I've had them on display at the WAC shows in the past.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACOSWW member

Keywords being solely and exclusively. Lots of machinegun parts can be used in semiauto guns.

RCW 9.41.220
Unlawful firearms and parts contraband.

All machine guns, short-barreled shotguns, or short-barreled rifles, or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, illegally held or illegally possessed are hereby declared to be contraband, and it shall be the duty of all peace officers, and/or any officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or the state of Washington, to seize said machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or parts thereof, wherever and whenever found.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top