JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings all!

I recently bought a Rossi R92 in .357 Magnum.... I wanted to have both a red dot and iron sights on it, so I bought this product from Rossi "Rossi R92 Picatinny Rail w/ Peep Sight" (https://shoprossi.com/rossi-r92-picatinny-rail-w-peep-sight-screws). I removed the original rear buckhorn sights and easily mounted the pic rail with peep sight in their place.

When I took it to the range to sight it in, it shoots so high that I have maxxed out the vertical adjustment on the aftermarket peep sights. It is hitting about 8 inches high at 50 yards, which is where I had hoped to zero it. I have slid the rear peep as low on the sloped back of the pic rail as it will go. I think it's stupid that Rossi sells a product that doesn't align with the factory front sight, but I'm curious if anyone has a recommendation of a taller replacement front sight and knowledge about how I should measure or calculate what height I would need.

For what it's worth, the gun did great with the red dot! I zeroed it at 50 yards and (with one flyer) this is what it looked like at 100 yards, hardly any drop with 170 grain bullets. At 50 yards, 130-grain .38 specials were hitting about 3 inches low.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

20240421_134614.jpg

Skinner sights has a decent tutorial on their website. I think Brownells does also. You could probably get a taller front sight from either.

Measure the height of your front sight and also the rear with calipers, run your calculations per the skinner or Brownells instructions, and you should be able to figure out how much taller front you need. The folks at skinner are very helpful, give them a call after you have done a bit of calculating and they should be able to get you squared away.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top