JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
C1AF1554-71E2-47A3-B4B2-60265E4113E3.jpeg
Here is my oldest son shooting my custom AR "pistol" with the CMMG 22lr adapter. Yes, those are full length carbine handguards on a 7.5" barrel. Took a little machining and TIG welding but looks like a miniature M4

Took four Basque students and their adult chaperone shooting in the Yacolt Burn State Forest this morning. They helped staple paper targets to the 7 yard stand, placed steel poppers at 25 and 50 yards, and steel gongs at 100 yards. After going over the four safety rules, we proceeded one firearm at a time with each person getting a chance to shoot while their friends took pictures. After trying all the firearms for 5-10 rounds, they had the option of going back to anyone they liked and shooting it as much as they wanted.

My son and a friend helped me keep things under control, safe and enjoyable. Guns used ...
.22lr: Ruger MkIV 22/45, Ruger 10/22 M1 style stock;
.22wmr: Henry Small Game Carbine;
9mm: Glock 17, CZ 75 P-01, Ruger PC9;
.38spl: Taurus 66;
.45LC: Ruger Bisley Vaquero;
.223: T/C Encore; Aero M4;
.308: Bergera HMR; Aero M5;
20ga: Rem 870.

Students 1.jpg Students 2.jpg Students 3.jpg

My daughter in law is visiting from Camp Pendleton in CA. She had her first Basic Handgun Fundamentals lesson ~ I assisted in the lesson with Kuchman Tactical at Lakewood Shooting Range and she did great! My son is a Marine and they plan to move back to WA when he gets out ~I hope to have them trained well and both carrying then we'll start with grandkids
(Not much chance of her carrying in California )
601328 601329

20190915_114029.jpg 20190915_114347.jpg
not the next generation, but the previous!
My dad shooting my .52 cal, Haynes for the first time.
He taught me how to shoot, I taught him how to shoot a muzzleloader!

My two oldest are pretty good.

Working his way up from the .22 now.
Started with the Cricket, got him a sinlge shot 20ga that kicks pretty good... Got him on the AR now
20191123_124950.jpg

Biggest challenge with kids is muzzle control. So far so good.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews