JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
>>As you may know, Cruz Construction started a division in North Dakota just
>>6 months ago.
>>
>>They send every Kenworth (9 trucks) we had here in Alaska to North Dakota
>>and several drivers.
>>
>>They just bought two new Kenworth's to add to that fleet; one being a Tri
>>Drive tractor and a new 65 ton lowboy to go with it.
>>
>>They also bought two new cranes (one crawler & one rubber tired) for that
>>division.
>>
>>Dave Cruz said they have moved more rigs in the last 6 months in ND than
>>Cruz Construction moved in Alaska in the last 6 years.
>>
>>Williston is like a gold rush town; they moved one of our 40 man camps
>>down there since there are no rooms available.
>>
>>Unemployment in ND is the lowest in the nation at 3.4 percent last I
>>checked.
>>
>>See anything in the national news about how the oil industry is fueling
>>North Dakota 's economy?
>>
>>Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information:
>>
>>About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one
>>of the Forbes Bros. was the guest.
>>
>>The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I
>>would like a direct answer;
>>
>>how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a
>>beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together."
>>
>>The U. S.. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only
>>scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big.
>>
>>It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil
>>was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota,
>>
>>western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana.
>>
>>Check THIS out:
>>
>>The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since
>> Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to
>>
>>eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information
>>Administration (EIA) estimates
>>
>>it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable( 5
>>billion barrels), at $107 a barrel,
>>
>>we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.
>>
>>"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their
>>jaws hit the floor.
>>
>>They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's
>>financial analyst.
>>
>>"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in
>>the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette .
>>
>>It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly
>>referred to as the 'Bakken.'
>>
>>It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada .
>>
>>For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end.
>>
>>Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades
>>ago.
>>
>>However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's
>>massive reserves,
>>
>>and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is
>>light, sweet oil,
>>
>>those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL !!!!!!
>>
>>That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years
>>straight.
>>
>>And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should -
>>because it's from 2006 !!!!!!
>>
>>U.. S. Oil Discovery - Largest Reserve in the World
>>
>>Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
>>
>>Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the
>>largest untapped oil reserve in the world.
>>
>>It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush
>>mandated its extraction.
>>
>>In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted.
>>
>>With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore
>>drilling?
>>
>>They reported this stunning news:
>>
>>We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on
>>earth.
>>
>>Here are the official estimates:
>>
>>8 times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
>>
>>18 times as much oil as Iraq
>>
>>21 times as much oil as Kuwait
>>
>>22 times as much oil as Iran
>>
>>500 times as much oil as Yemen
>>
>>and it's all right here in the Western United States !!!!!!
>>
>>HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the
>>environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America
>>become independent of foreign oil!
>>Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our
>>economy. WHY?
>>
>>James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in
>>this very compact area
>> than the entire Middle East , more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped.
>> That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world
>> today, reports The Denver Post .
>>
>>Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price even with this find? Think again!
>>It's all about the competitive marketplace, it has to.
>>
>>Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
>>
>>Got your attention yet? Now, while you're thinking about it, do this:
>>
>>Pass this along. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you
>>should stifle yourself the next time
>>
>>you complain about gas prices, by doing NOTHING, you forfeit your right to
>>complain.
>>
>>Now I just wonder what would happen in this country if every one of you
>>sent this to every one in your address book.
>>
>>By the way, this can be verified. Check it out at the link below !!!!!!
>>
>> USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana&#146;s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate— (4/10/2008 2:25:36 PM) > ; <
>> <http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911>
>> http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911<http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911> >
>>
>>Cruz Construction:
>> Cruz Construction, Inc. Alaska ;
>> <http://www.cruzconstruct.com/services..php> ;

yup - they are doing a ton of fracking there for natural gas now. One of the big problems is that you can't find a place to stay anywhere within an hour of the work sites as all the hotels are pretty much full and many of the camp grounds with hookups for trailers/rvs are limiting people to less than 5 day stays or risk being cut off from use of the city sewer system. Water and sewage systems can't keep up with the needs of the area. My uncle went up there to repo a 5th wheel - the guy said no problem and helped hook it up - guess they couldn't find a place to park it legally and had to buy water in gallon jugs to fill the tank.

it's a fairly simple strategy really...

the US (and by that I mean the mega-congolemerate/corporations) decided a long time ago to not drill it's own oil reserves and instead import as much cheap oil as it can until a point when oil becomes too expensive to import..

at some point, there will be a scarcity of foreign oil and guess what country will be sitting on untapped reserves...

unfortunately it will be a few rich corporations that will reap this benefit and will undoubtedly sell the local oil they drill for the going international rate even though it costs much less to produce...

the price will be just as high or worse for us.. cheap oil is a thing of the past...

That's not an oil problem that's a refinery problem.

Actually no it is a GREED problem. There is no excuse for the ARTIFICIAL decrease in supply of late. Sure there was an accident and one refinery went down locally, but then the other two refineries decided to have extended shut-downs at the same time. Interesting how when one of our politicians made a comment about investigating fuel prices that the prices magically dropped over $.30/gal in a week...

Then tack on the insane taxes WA puts in place, we are routinely $.30-50 cents higher than the rest of the country and we have the refineries HERE. When AZ has fuel cheaper than West Wa AFTER they truck it in from CA, there is something wrong...

Oil companies have us by the short and curlies. They helped us build a society based entirely on oil, yes the entire society, without cheap fuel the entire card house falls apart. The price of every single product you buy is largely affected by fuel prices, from tractors to harvest crops, heavy equipment to mine the ore, trucks to transport said products to the factory then to the store.. Now that we HAVE to have fuel, there is an unlimited demand and they can just tweak supply as they feel to reap profits.. Pretty smart on their part, but really sucks for the rest of us.

The ONLY way this oil should be drilled on our soil is if the govt mandates that 100% of it stays on our soil. Otherwise it's just higher profit margins for big oil companies and more screwing for us. Drill it here,sell it here.

The price of every single product you buy is largely affected by fuel prices

DIRECTLY EFFECTED is what you are trying to say,not largely.
Directly.

Everything we buy has to be transported from the farm to us.Very few are carting it to market with their horses
Are you riding your bike to the dock to buy fish from an old salt rowing his boat,while fishing? Never mind you have rubber tires
And of course,the merchandise we buy doesn't magically appear in the stores.Not hauled by electricity.
Trains are electric by diesel generators,BTW

Everything we do is effected by fuel costs.

Yep, and the Bakken isn't our largest known deposit. The Green River deposit in SW Wyoming and NE Utah is much larger.

Plus drilling also produces clean burning natural gas which is at record low prices now.

Makes burning corn sound stupid huh. Especially when the midwest goes through a drought and the corn price go up so high that third world populations die of starvation. Ethanol costs nearly as much to produce as it sells for, it also corrodes engines and lowers MPG.

Don't forget Canada holds the worlds third largest reserves but we don't want a pipeline, probably fourth if they would figure our reserves honestly. But lets spend millions per job on expensive solar and wind power instead. You know why solar and wind power is so expensive, heck except for the batteries it's old technology, it's because the government wants it and the taxpayers are paying for it so all the equipment manufacturers and installers jack up the price.

Couldn't we just go with what's the most efficient and plentiful instead?

Yeah, got my winter's heating oil two days after the last refinery fire (and wasn't that just real convient for the oil profiteers). 300gal. $1128!!! I'm not big on conspiracy theory's but what the heck! As a kid and young man I don't remember more than a couple of fires in low tech refinerys on the west coast. P.S. Oh yeah, an interesting thread! I'm passing it to all my family and friends!

Last Edited:
i was in california in the middle of last month. the day i got there, there was an explosion at a conoco-phillips refinery in crockett, california. within 48hrs, gas prices went from $3.75 to damn near $5.00 a gallon! it only affected california, it seems. when i rolled into oregon via i-5, gas prices were a buck-fifty cheaper. i was planning on staying for 5 days. i had to cut my visit short due to the crazy hike in gas prices.

Lots of jobs in ND right now but they all hinge on "fracking" which is under some major scrutiny. Its a pretty controversial process that many states and the federal government are looking into.

Yep, and the Bakken isn't our largest known deposit. The Green River deposit in SW Wyoming and NE Utah is much larger.

Plus drilling also produces clean burning natural gas which is at record low prices now.

Makes burning corn sound stupid huh. Especially when the midwest goes through a drought and the corn price go up so high that third world populations die of starvation. Ethanol costs nearly as much to produce as it sells for, it also corrodes engines and lowers MPG.

Don't forget Canada holds the worlds third largest reserves but we don't want a pipeline, probably fourth if they would figure our reserves honestly. But lets spend millions per job on expensive solar and wind power instead. You know why solar and wind power is so expensive, heck except for the batteries it's old technology, it's because the government wants it and the taxpayers are paying for it so all the equipment manufacturers and installers jack up the price.

Couldn't we just go with what's the most efficient and plentiful instead?

Green Energy , Ideas so great they make them mandatory.

The ONLY way this oil should be drilled on our soil is if the govt mandates that 100% of it stays on our soil. Otherwise it's just higher profit margins for big oil companies and more screwing for us. Drill it here,sell it here.

The govt is the problem keep the govt out of any decision making and everything here in the states would be so much better. Period!

I think you are confusing liquid oil deposits with other forms of deposits. Estimates of the Bakken formation are 3-20 billion barrels, with 300-400 billion possibly available from oil shale. However you do not simply sink a well to extract oil from oil shale, its a rather expensive and destructive process. Green mountain is an example of one of the largest oil shale deposits known.

I think you are confusing liquid oil deposits with other forms of deposits. Estimates of the Bakken formation are 3-20 billion barrels, with 300-400 billion possibly available from oil shale. However you do not simply sink a well to extract oil from oil shale, its a rather expensive and destructive process. Green mountain is an example of one of the largest oil shale deposits known.

How is fracking destructive? Sounds like a definitive statement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top