JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Care to have a little Target Shooting fun?

• Total voters
Road condition depends on where you come in from. I know that from Camas, straight up, there was paved road at the intersection of L1000 and L1500. I'm not sure about the trip in from Hockinson. The gravel parts are well maintained with a few pot holes but nothing a car can't handle easily. The pit, where we'll meet, is on L1500 less than a mile from the intersections of L1000, L1400 and L1500.

Take a look at the maps, zoom in & out to find your best route.

Google Map Links: To Base Camp meeting area at LARGE GRAVEL PIT...

From Orchards, I205 & SR500...
https://goo.gl/maps/zNIoL

Or, Through Hockinson...
https://goo.gl/maps/TyosX

Or, From Camas area...
https://goo.gl/maps/2ZL03

GPS Coordinance:
45°43'5.63"N
122°19'1.15"W

Bill

Road condition depends on where you come in from. I know that from Camas, straight up, there was paved road at the intersection of L1000 and L1500. I'm not sure about the trip in from Hockinson. The gravel parts are well maintained with a few pot holes but nothing a car can't handle easily. The pit, where we'll meet, is on L1500 less than a mile from the intersections of L1000, L1400 and L1500.

Take a look at the maps, zoom in & out to find your best route.

Google Map Links: To Base Camp meeting area at LARGE GRAVEL PIT...

From Orchards, I205 & SR500...
https://goo.gl/maps/zNIoL

Or, Through Hockinson...
https://goo.gl/maps/TyosX

Or, From Camas area...
https://goo.gl/maps/2ZL03

GPS Coordinance:
45°43'5.63"N
122°19'1.15"W

Bill
The funny thing Bill, google doesnt show the simplest way to get there. I normally just go up on 162nd, Right on Ward, Right on 139th towards Clark Rifles and just keep on going, staying on the main road. Then you hit 4 corners and just go straight until you get the the pit.

So if I am reading this correctly, we will not be meeting at the same place as last time. This is actually the area most people think of when they talk about shooting area at larch. Place where a few of the folks ended up last time and never found the group.

So if I am reading this correctly, we will not be meeting at the same place as last time. This is actually the area most people think of when they talk about shooting area at larch. Place where a few of the folks ended up last time and never found the group.

Got that right. Locals call it Arrowhead Pit, just up from 4 corners (intersection of L1000, L1400 & L1500).

I'm ready to go! I've got direction signs ready (will post them at the 4 corners of L1000, L1400 and L1500), Packed up the rakes, gloves, water, tarps, sign-in tables, privacy tent and all that stuff. I'm ready to talk some trash tomorrow! (Might even pick some up too).

Be sure to review the first post, above, for maps and any other info you may need. I'll have my cell phone with me. If you need directions, call 360/ 713-8304.

Steve, from WA DNR, will be there with a sign in sheet, latex gloves, hand sanitizer, trash bags, Day pass parking permits and Insurance. Yes, remember? They are covering us with Labor & Industries insurance! If you would like these volunteer hours to apply toward the free annual Discover Pass, he will have the forms to fill out as well.

Thanks to you all for chipping in! We'll be making a positive difference on behalf of the firearms community.

Bill

Got that right. Locals call it Arrowhead Pit, just up from 4 corners (intersection of L1000, L1400 & L1500).
I am going to drive out and help out. I became interested in this project while networking with OFF! Looking forward to helping, meeting some new folks and target practicing! Sounds Like Ideal weather too! Let me know if your still in need of some items listed in the beginning of your thread Cogs! Ie: coleman brewer, stop, potty, etc.

I am going to drive out and help out. I became interested in this project while networking with OFF! Looking forward to helping, meeting some new folks and target practicing! Sounds Like Ideal weather too! Let me know if your still in need of some items listed in the beginning of your thread Cogs! Ie: coleman brewer, stop, potty, etc.

CParker, This is great, man. Thanks for your "long distance" effort! Looking forward to seeing you there.

We pretty well have everything we need now. Oh, another Coleman brewer would be great! I have one Porta Potty and a privacy tent, however, the fresh water part of the potty doesn't work. So, I just use a gallon jug of water to flush with. If you wanted to bring yours, that would be great. I'll provide the tank treatment and clean it out when we're done.

Thanks again,

Bill

Sure Bill, mine has that tank, pump and I just wish for the mans sake it had legs to lift it up to aiming range. and I do have a brewer as well, ill run out to the shop and throw those in right now!
I don't think its such a distance as I shoot at times at Clarke Rifles for classes, but Ive never been up to this Pit area.

Thanks for the fun day guys sorry if my muzzle break on my ar pissed some of you guys off lol.:s0115::s0121:

Also, im not sure on how to post vids up here, but some one wanted me to post the vid of my mag dump lol. I can post it on face book if you guys want. Also, thanks for the treats and for letting me shoot some of your guys guns.

We made the event public so this link should work for anyone that wants to see the video.

https://www.facebook.com/events/630790036997126/654033211339475/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

I'll get the pictures I took downloaded from my camera and get some posted as well. It was great getting out there again and met some new folks as well. For anyone interested I'm going to get with Clint and get set up as an instructor to teach some of the safety classes. Gun Rights, Gun Safety, and Gun Responsibility all go hand in hand along with showing the community that we care (which is what these cleanups are doing) so it's in all of our best interest to encourage all of them and to set an example for others to follow. We even had a family show up to do some shooting and rather than turn around or go to a different spot they jumped in to help out. That's what it is all about. They followed by example.

Rick Halle

We had over 30 people there. Man, are we beat! I didn't think it was going to be that bad, however, trying to get the shells out of the gravel was difficult, time consuming and back breaking. But we got it. And we did pretty darn good!

Started shooting a little after 1:30 and had a great time. Awesome guns, got to shoot each others' guns, met several extra folks who just stopped to chip in, stuffed our faces with way too many donuts and drank way too much coffee.

Very cool and fun time. Thank you All!!!

I'll do pics later (truck to unload and gotta download off the camera. I also have to down load my self into a beer and a good cigar.)

Bill

LOL, I have the beer out already. Haven't pulled the card from the camera yet and my Son and family came by to do hotdogs so it will be a bit probably before I get pics up. It's just too nice a day to be on here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top