JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Joe,

KATU did all they could to give the supporters of measure 43 the upper hand in the article....as usual.

The NRA's comment seems to fall short of the gravity of the situation; it lacks any details of what the NRA will do to help us, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

There may be a silver lining if this gets on the ballot. It is exactly the kind of very dangerous gun control/confiscation proposal that could have nation-wide repercussions if passed. I suspect we may actually get some real attention from the NRA this time around, because if it passes here and is allowed to stand, other states will scramble to do the same thing.

I'm not sure if or how much the NRA would work to defeat it, but I strongly suspect, if it passes, that the NRA-ILA would immediately file a lawsuit to challenge the law and get it tied up in the courts. This could go as far as the SCOTUS.

Either way, I've seen more mentions of Oregon by the NRA in the past 2 weeks than I've seen in years. Hopefully that's a good sign that they finally have our backs.

That said, as a life member, I'm going to have to see some real action in defense of our rights here in Oregon before they see any extra $$ from me.

It was a response, yes. Hopefully there is more to come from the NRA on this. Specifically a challenge to its constitutionality to tie it up in legal review during the signature collection period.

Any of the gun owning Democrats on this sight figure it out yet ?
People who voted democrat gave up their gun rights with the vote, they made the choice back then what was most important. What the future brings is now going to be the big deal and I really doubt people see what's comming. When Brown put in her registration bill she knew that once registered you will have to prove you have that gun in the next step of the confiscation plan. State will demand you register all your guns with the state police before they steal them.

Under the state constitution all they have to leave you is one gun of their choosing to defend yourself. That is as long as there is a constitution.o_O

"We're calling for every clergy person in the state to stand up right now. Don't even think twice," said Rev. Mark Knutson

That's right, don't think, just emotionally react.

"We're calling for every clergy person in the state to stand up right now. Don't even think twice," said Rev. Mark Knutson

Translation: "We're calling on all religious persons to use their influence to change laws to restrict/remove the rights of American citizens! - screw the whole separation of Church and State BS! We'll have a grand government, supported by backstabbing religious leaders who will, eventually, strip our rights away too! That's what we want! Totalitarian rule! And we'll help make it happen!"

if it only takes 1000 signatures for a ballet initiative you guys should put a counter on the ballet. We needed 6000 signatures for a Riley recall and got some 5000 or so with only a handful of people working weekends. 1000 is doable.

if it only takes 1000 signatures for a ballet initiative you guys should put a counter on the ballet. We needed 6000 signatures for a Riley recall and got some 5000 or so with only a handful of people working weekends. 1000 is doable.

Actually, they submitted about 3,400 already. Once they get the go ahead, they'll start collecting the 88,000 they need to get it on the ballot. The 3,400 was pretty easy as they got them all at the rally on Saturday. Getting 88,000 will take considerably more work - especially since they'll need an estimated 110,000 to 120,000 to assure they have enough valid signatures. That said, I'm sure they'll work their liberty-hating butts off to make this happen.

In the end though, I don't think this law can pass constitutional muster. That's a ways out yet though.

I'd give up my sundays for a bit to collect signatures.

Actually, they submitted about 3,400 already. Once they get the go ahead, they'll start collecting the 88,000 they need to get it on the ballot. The 3,400 was pretty easy as they got them all at the rally on Saturday. Getting 88,000 will take considerably more work - especially since they'll need an estimated 110,000 to 120,000 to assure they have enough valid signatures. That said, I'm sure they'll work their liberty-hating butts off to make this happen.

In the end though, I don't think this law can pass constitutional muster. That's a ways out yet though.
they just need to hit downtown Portland, PSU, Uof O, Oregon state, Reed, ect ect.

they just need to hit downtown Portland, PSU, Uof O, Oregon state, Reed, ect ect.

True, but on those college campuses you have a lot of folks from out of state, and only registered Oregon voters can legally sign those forms. Honestly, I'd love to see them get signatures from the wrong folks - would help get it kicked out.

Thanks Joe,

KATU did all they could to give the supporters of measure 43 the upper hand in the article....as usual.

The NRA's comment seems to fall short of the gravity of the situation; it lacks any details of what the NRA will do to help us, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks again.

This :s0101:

Precisely why I roll my eyes anytime someone says morality is derived from religion. No, but blind obedience is though!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top