JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After 25 years with my own business I am going back to working for the man to support my family.

As you may have guessed my new employer maintains a strict weapons free workplace. We can't even bring a multi-tool into the office. I will have to switch from my usual outfit of
1118486-dd58cb362b203fe98353aad929226d19.png
to office casual meets jeans and a safety vest.

My wife says that my current Tru-Spec 24/7 poly-cotton pants go swish/swish when I walk, so I should find a quieter fabric which will not annoy the office staff.

Any suggestions for non-cargo / non-tactical looking pants that still can hold a cell phone or gear in a hidden pocket?

Currently I like being able to access my cell phone in my left cargo pocket and wallet in my right cargo pocket if I am in the car all day.

Any uniform pants or like stores in Tri-Cities Washington?

Thanks.

Everybody is wearing a bra these days so do that. A maternity bra allows quick and easy access to your gat or sensitive eyepokers, your choice.

Lulz

I usually just wear jeans to work, but i find that PRANA pants suit my needs when jeans do not.
PRANA, never heard of them before, so I checked the web site. Dang, that site is ANNOYING with every attempt to scroll resulting in pop-up this (do you want a cookie) and pop-up that (would you like to subscribe) or (can we have your location?). NO dammit, I just want to find out . . . do you F'in sell cargo pants?
And I never did find out, do they have any real, honest to Pete "cargo pants"?
Searched for Men's Cargo Pants; first hit pictured an effete model wearing "Elle" pants. WTF? I did stick around long enough to find one pair of pants that almost met the description, but they forgot to sew on the second cargo pocket. For that they wanted $71?

The effort wasn't wasted 'cause I did learn one important thing this morning: arthritic, grouchy OFs do not wear PRANA.

Carharts have some nice jeans with side pockets. It's what I wear but I've met people they do not fit well so I guess I'd try a bunch and then return what you don't like.

Edit:
I have Jean that are now 'painters' pants but the clean ones work well for all blue collar work with a works shirt or they work just as well with a collar shirt and different shoes.

I found out that they started making jeans in men's cuts with the same stretchy fabric they use in those really tight pants that make my wife's butt look so good.

Old Navy makes stretchy jeans that are extremely comfortable with 2% spandex.

Other brands do similar now, but old navy usually runs sales where you can get a pair for $25.

I've got a few pairs of Lucky Brand stretchy jeans too. Much more expensive, but they last a bubblegum ton longer.

PRANA, never heard of them before, so I checked the web site. Dang, that site is ANNOYING with every attempt to scroll resulting in pop-up this (do you want a cookie) and pop-up that (would you like to subscribe) or (can we have your location?). NO dammit, I just want to find out . . . do you F'in sell cargo pants?
And I never did find out, do they have any real, honest to Pete "cargo pants"?
Searched for Men's Cargo Pants; first hit pictured an effete model wearing "Elle" pants. WTF? I did stick around long enough to find one pair of pants that almost met the description, but they forgot to sew on the second cargo pocket. For that they wanted $71?

The effort wasn't wasted 'cause I did learn one important thing this morning: arthritic, grouchy OFs do not wear PRANA.
Man, I am soo sorry, it was not my intention to run you down a rabbit hole...tbh, the pairs that I own i found in a store years ago...never been on their website and no plans to in the future thanks to your findings!

Man, you guys really paying $70-$100 for a pair of pants?

Hell I just go to Ross dress for less or the like for pants. While I can afford to pay those higher prices I just prefer not to though.

The Bunker in Richland has alot of First Gear uniform pants. Talos in West Richland has some 5 11 stuff.
Griggs in Pasco has alot of different jeans and such. And usually pretty good prices but you have to wonder to find stuff.

I retired from service work [ Plumbing, Heating and A/C] If you want a very uniform look that does not attract attn with other employees, The uniform company's sell a line called Red Cap. They have really deep pockets that would have whatever is in the pocket sitting behind the cargo pocket.
I would carry a pocket size notebook in the cargo pocket, and it covered anything in the slash cut pocket.
If I wanted something less uniform looking, Wrangler sells cargo jeans. Also with the pockets under the cargo pocket. Good Luck DR

Man, you guys really paying $70-$100 for a pair of pants?

Hell I just go to Ross dress for less or the like for pants. While I can afford to pay those higher prices I just prefer not to though.
Yep. I used to do the cheap thing and replace them every couple years. I bought 5 pairs of Kuhl pants about 8 years ago and they are still going strong. I don't see any reason they wouldn't last another 8 or more.

I mostly bought them for the pocket configuration and perfect fit. The durability has been an extra value. I consider them to just be another piece of EDC gear like my knife, light, gun, etc.

After 25 years with my own business I am going back to working for the man to support my family.

As you may have guessed my new employer maintains a strict weapons free workplace. We can't even bring a multi-tool into the office. I will have to switch from my usual outfit of
View attachment 1408788
to office casual meets jeans and a safety vest.

My wife says that my current Tru-Spec 24/7 poly-cotton pants go swish/swish when I walk, so I should find a quieter fabric which will not annoy the office staff.

Any suggestions for non-cargo / non-tactical looking pants that still can hold a cell phone or gear in a hidden pocket?

Currently I like being able to access my cell phone in my left cargo pocket and wallet in my right cargo pocket if I am in the car all day.

Any uniform pants or like stores in Tri-Cities Washington?

Thanks.
Try these: https://www.costco.com/bc-clothing-mens-convertible-pant.product.100805196.html
$24 Costco. Each cargo pocket has two compartments secured by velcro flap. So something like a notebook in outer compartment keeps whatever is in inner compartment from printing. Left side has secure zipper pocket just above cargo pocket. Right side has slant zipper pocket behind regular pocket. There is a D ring. Includes a crappy belt but also has wide belt loops so you can use a wide, thick leather belt if you like. They don't look tactical at all. A little noisy at first but went away with washing. I bought them for hiking (oh yeah the lowers zip off) and ended up buying more to wear for work as well.

If these don't fit the bill then google hiking pants. Tons of options. Maybe try REI. I have some Duluth pants that are great too, but at $24 those Costco pants don't make me feel bad if I wreck 'em.

See if Wrangler has anything that would work in their Riggs line. It's a good product and especially for the money but a lot of them have cargo pockets.

Kuhl makes a solid product as others have suggested

Some other options...Not cheap though.

When I didn't have to wear a uniform at my last job, I favored the 5.11 Apex pants.

Stretchy. Which makes them exceedingly comfortable.

Available in lots of nice colors.

"Tactical" but without outside cargo pockets -- discreet zippers on the side cargo pockets that are inside, patch pockets on the butt, not the giveaway velcro flap pockets.

In the dark colors, they blend in, don't scream tacticool, but are comfortable and practical.

They are now ridiculously expensive though. However, not made in China, so there's that.
1682140314057.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads