JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Federal appeals court upholds Rhode Island magazine ban. Not a good sign.

The Reload reported on the decision that was released last Friday.

The 9th circuit appellate court is scheduled to hear the California mag ban appeal oral arguments this coming Monday.
DftE5ZLWAAAVNgC.jpeg

Edit. All these blstant flounting and disregards of SCOTUS decisions are gonna lead to a SCOTUS decision on mag bans, eventually.

The 1st Circuit decision echoes a lot of our own Immergut's decision, particularly the "rarely used in self-defense" line

Just like Immergut, these chickenpoop lawyers in black robes in the Anti2A districts are trying to weasel around the Heller/Bruen test of "in common use( as in " commonly possessed for lawful purposes such as self-defense) " by keying onto "commonly used in "Self Defense" :rolleyes:

2024-03-19 9:30 am Courtroom 1, 3rd Floor Rm 338, James R. Browning U.S. Courthouse, San Francisco
Case No.TitleNatureOriginTime / Side
23-55805Virginia Duncan v. Rob Bonta - An appeal from the district court's s order permanently enjoining enforcement of Government Code section 32310 which, in relevant part, bans possession of large-capacity magazines holding more than ten rounds of ammunition. [3:17-cv-01017-BEN-JLB]CivilS. CA30 min

Some folks were asking for verification on the denial of stay of St. Raschio's permanent injunction pending appeal. Here ya go.... Feb 02 court discussion outcome and decision officially filed on the 9th.

(Most applicable, page 1, 2nd to last and last page.)

View attachment 1846140

View attachment 1846141

View attachment 1846142

View attachment 1846143

View attachment 1846144
Really? People wanted verification from Feb 2023? That's like a year before Raschio's final ruling. Weird.

Really? People wanted verification from Feb 2023? That's like a year before Raschio's final ruling. Weird.
OOPS! Wrong one... good catch. 😁

I'll request the right one. I saw camera pics, and pretty much the same, but took awhile to get a cleanly readable copy. Dang it!

Any news on the oral arguments? I can't find anything that's current.

ETA: Found some information that indicates that it's going on today. According to the below notes, it appears it's being heard by 11 judges.

Duncan v. Bonta, Nos. 23-55805
Three-Judge Panel Opinion: Not applicable

Order Taking Case En Banc: 83 F.4th 803 (9th Cir. 2023)

Date of Order Taking Case En Banc: October 10, 2023

Status: Calendared at 9:30 a.m. on March 19, 2024, in San Francisco, California

Members of En Banc Court: MURGUIA, Chief Judge, and S.R. THOMAS, GRABER, WARDLAW, PAEZ, BERZON, IKUTA, HURWITZ, R. NELSON, BUMATAY and VANDYKE, Circuit Judges

Subject Matter: Appeal from the district court's order declaring unconstitutional and enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code section 32310(a), which bans large capacity magazines, defined as "any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds."

Second Edit: Reference

Last Edited:
Any news on the oral arguments? I can't find anything that's current.

ETA: Found some information that indicates that it's going on today. According to the below notes, it appears it's being heard by 11 judges.

Duncan v. Bonta, Nos. 23-55805
Three-Judge Panel Opinion: Not applicable

Order Taking Case En Banc: 83 F.4th 803 (9th Cir. 2023)

Date of Order Taking Case En Banc: October 10, 2023

Status: Calendared at 9:30 a.m. on March 19, 2024, in San Francisco, California

Members of En Banc Court: MURGUIA, Chief Judge, and S.R. THOMAS, GRABER, WARDLAW, PAEZ, BERZON, IKUTA, HURWITZ, R. NELSON, BUMATAY and VANDYKE, Circuit Judges

Subject Matter: Appeal from the district court's order declaring unconstitutional and enjoining enforcement of California Penal Code section 32310(a), which bans large capacity magazines, defined as "any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds."

Second Edit: Reference
Mark did some coverage on todays oral arguments. He's predicting a loss for 2A rights out of the 9th. With a stacked "limited en banc" against us... I tend to agree.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTTBKvHrhcM

Here's another video that discusses the 9th district magazine ban hearing on Tuesday. Gives a different perspective on the judges discussions among themselves and discusses some of the nuances of the case. I found it informative and not just another rehashing of the arguments.

Another video from William Kirk. He does a good job of explaining how the jackals misinterpret Bruen and twist Heller to their way of thinking. It's why SCOTUS needs to hear 2A cases immediately to slap down the states that are thumbing their collective noses at the supreme court.

Another video from William Kirk. He does a good job of explaining how the jackals misinterpret Bruen and twist Heller to their way of thinking.
DftE5ZLWAAAVNgC.jpeg

It's why SCOTUS needs to hear 2A cases immediately to slap down the states that are thumbing their collective noses at the supreme court.
But the members of SCOTUS are all former lawyers. Can we really trust that there'll be a majority who will side with the 2A in these cases?

View attachment 1851514

But the members of SCOTUS are all former lawyers. Can we really trust that there'll be a majority who will side with the 2A in these cases?
There are no guarantees. However, this was the same court that vacated and remanded the same case to the 9th. Will SCOTUS feel that they re-interpreted to their satisfaction with regard to Bruen and Heller as they instructed? Only the magic 8 Ball knows. :s0092:

No, of course not. They're getting tables ready to sell native American jerky and authentic Mexican purses. That's what gun shows are really about :s0140:
Well you got to have some other things to help draw the wife and kids too?! Don'tcha? I mean, why have a dozen tables in a big show with Glocks? Not everyone goes Ga-Ga for Glock. Y'know? I think limiting the amount of Glocks at a show would be a plus! :s0121:

Well you got to have some other things to help draw the wife and kids too?! Don'tcha? I mean, why have a dozen tables in a big show with Glocks? Not everyone goes Ga-Ga for Glock. Y'know? I think limiting the amount of Glocks at a show would be a plus! :s0121:
If it's not a Glock or an AR, I'm not interested :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top