JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a Taurus revolver and a PT92 (Beretta clone), both were fine.
The revolver was, in fact, pretty great. I don't remember the model, but it was a 2" (maybe less), ported, .357... always worked, reasonably accurate, and had a beautiful blued finish. The 6 ports drilled into the barrel made a helluva light show at night but were of dubious value as far as recoil mitigation. My only real gripe w that heater was that there were no wood grips to replace the factory rubber units, that's not even a knock against Taurus and just my personal preference... there was nothing wrong w the factory grip 'cept it was unattractive.
The PT92 was meh... worth the 200-sumthin' bux I paid for it but unremarkable.

I dont own any Tauruses. And I have certainly heard bad things about their QC and CS. However, they are designing guns for new niches. At least they make revolvers capable of handling the full potential of .44, that is .44 +P loads, which SW does not. The .44 caliber has moved on since SW designed the SW. SW hasnt. At least not in .44.

Cant say I like Taurus naming guns Raging Bull, Raging Hunter, or Raging anything. If I ever have to use a gun in self defense and go before a jury, I would rather do it with a 629 rather than a raging anything. Raging suggests gun and owner are unpredictable and out of control.

I didn't read the letter (required a download), but I read an interview with him a couple of years ago... he was well aware of his company's reputation and was vowing to change all of that.

He also was very excited about bringing production and design to the USA... hired some American engineers and designers to work on Taurus' very first All-American, start-to-finish, 100% on-shore designed and produced, pistol.

This is what they came up with and released...
View attachment 690895
The Taurus Speculum .380.
The collective yawns were only drowned-out by the crickets

They should name that one the "Raging Metro".... :rolleyes:

WTF were they thinking? :s0077:

Taurus Curve .380 ACP 2.5 6 Rnd - $213 | gun.deals

I didn't read the letter (required a download), but I read an interview with him a couple of years ago... he was well aware of his company's reputation and was vowing to change all of that.

He also was very excited about bringing production and design to the USA... hired some American engineers and designers to work on Taurus' very first All-American, start-to-finish, 100% on-shore designed and produced, pistol.

This is what they came up with and released...
View attachment 690895
The Taurus Speculum .380.
The collective yawns were only drowned-out by the crickets
Speculum? Is that a real name? That's a medical device to explore "orifices"...

They should name that one the "Raging Metro".... :rolleyes:
I was actually holding out hope that they would succeed in un-effing their reputation and product line(s), especially after reading of the (then new) president's (CEO, whatever he is) commitment to making Taurus an all-American company... I'm rootin' for ya buddy, let's see what ya got... !

THIS... images.jpeg-5.jpg
is what they presented.

To be fair, this Little Lord Fauntleroy gat isn't terrible. But it seems like they (Taurus) engage in expensive R&D and rollout of really innovative, yet utterly uninteresting (and destined to only be great as memes or punchlines) products to a pretty stoic and stolid market who values quality over gimmicks (looking at YOU, Taurus Curve).

Maybe they're just not ready for that. Maybe they should concentrate on cloning (replicating, actually.. they bought old S&W and Beretta machinery, molds, etc) and quality along with CS before they take the big bite of reinventing the mousegun and expecting the gun buying public to trust them. Even companies with GOOD reputations have issues with clean-sheet-of-paper designs (your turn for some stink-eye, SiG Sauer) at rollout.

Makes me think that Springfield Armory is actually pretty smart in just buying rights to an established pistol (HS2000, 1911) and putting their name on it vs actually attempting to innovate and be creative.

Taurus, Hi Point, Kel-Tec, Jennings, Bryco, Phoenix, ISSC.....

If you had to choose one of these.... You have already lost!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top