JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know that Taurus has a, shall we say, "spotty" reputation. Heck, my own experience with their service dept has been so frustrating, to the point that despite haveing bought 5 G2c's, a G3 and a Public Defender, I will never buy another Taurus again.

Seems like Taurus might be finally getting the message.

Do you think that anything will really change?

I know that I don't.

The best warranty in the world doesn't help when you need your firearm to work right now. I'll buy from them when they get their initial quality where it needs to be.

I never had a problem with their guns.
Until the feedramp started chiping.
Hours spent on the phone waiting for someone to answer but never did.
Filing warranty requests and only getting the automated response that someone will get back to me soon, but never have.

Wow, 4-6 months for warranty work?!?!?!

Sounds like they have quite a nut to crack, and his predecessor seems to have been a complete failure. I wonder how much the home office is responsible for that, calling for cost cutting measures?

I wish them luck in getting back on track. But the problem begins at the source, better QC makes for fewer warranty repairs... Just Sayin'

And for the record, there are some Tauri in the safe, albeit only revolvers :D

Have had and have a lot of their products never needed the warranty but have heard that their CS is not good. Sounds like they got someone that may get it ship shape and maybe the move to Georgia will get better quality/friendly employees. Also the part of making some parts available to the public sounds good instead of having to send them in for replacement items. That in itself will reduce volume of work load and in turn reduce turnaround time.

I guess I better dump that stainless R92 in 357 since it's way too complicated and may fail.

#firstworldproblems

Hours spent on the phone waiting for someone to answer but never did.
Filing warranty requests and only getting the automated response that someone will get back to me soon, but never have.
I just see no reason to increase my frustrations in life. Taurus....not for me.

I hope they are serious about this.

I also have been on the no more Taurus' for me page for a long time.

But in the meantime, I had on order, and now waiting for me at Coastal, a TX22, only because folks proclaim them to be excellent, and because my Glock 44, not so much.o_O

I didn't read the letter (required a download), but I read an interview with him a couple of years ago... he was well aware of his company's reputation and was vowing to change all of that.

He also was very excited about bringing production and design to the USA... hired some American engineers and designers to work on Taurus' very first All-American, start-to-finish, 100% on-shore designed and produced, pistol.

This is what they came up with and released...
download.jpeg.jpg
The Taurus Speculum .380.
The collective yawns were only drowned-out by the crickets

Last Edited:
Had a Taurus (not the 1911) and have owned a Rock Island Armory 2011. Will never buy a Taurus again and if I find another 2011 like the one I let get away it will have a place in my safe. YMMV.
I have owned several Taurus firearms. Never a single issue. But, while they've been resolved, I've had many more issues with more expensive, "higher quality" firearms.
I'll look at the Rock island.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads