JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
COWBOY UP. Outside Carry. :s0155:

" Alright percy, let's shake this bank down"

" wait.. you see that fellow over there with his pistol on his hip?"

" yeah you walk over there behind him and you get him first"

Bad guys-> :woot:

Open carrier that gets blind sided-> :s0107:

Im fine with where it points. right now it'd probably take by right teste, but im confident that its not going to just go off.
the 'fear' of something bad happening just keeps me in check about being safe.

Plus i carry a glock so I've got multiple safeties that pretty much eliminate the negligent discharge factor.

As long as the trigger isn't engaged, a round is not in the chamber, and my holster is covering the trigger (nothing will accidently pull that trigger) then i think im pretty safe. Just use caution.

For years I carried a Taurus 85 in an Uncle Mike's pouch-style holster just to the right of my belt buckle, I guess this is the point where I should realize how stupid I was and how lucky to be alive I am? Surprisingly, shudders of retroactive fear aren't running through me right now, and my testicles and femoral artery survived intact.

It all comes down to comfort, commitment and necessity: at the time I carried that way I felt like I needed to carry all the time (due to where I lived, worked and played), I made the commitment to carry and .38 was the most I compromise I was tolerant of in a carry round, and I was comfortable with my weapon, handling skills and wardrobe to carry this way.

Would I carry true Mexican? **** no!

One of the biggest reasons I carry a Glock is because of the built-in, internal safeties and no external safety or hammer to get caught on clothing.

there have been lots of AD's with Glocks just because they don't have a true safety. Ever hear about the cop that hung his Glock on a hook in the john and it emptied the whole mag as it bounced around on the hook? (no injuries) Or the one that his finger hit the trigger as he pulled it from the holster? (shot him in the butt)

That's one of the reasons I don't have a Glock anymore even though I liked the internal laser I had. It also just didn't point naturally for me either.

I just got a "Smart Carry Holster" for deep concealment on my Para WartHog 1911. I carry condition one and it does not bother me. The only thing wrong with the Smart Carry is it is kind of a pain to draw but for deep concealment I doubt it can be beat. The gun truely does disappear and it's comfortable to wear.

I can totally relate to the "insecure feeling" of carrying with the barrel of your weapon pointed at a tender spot.

Intellectually, I am aware that a modern, quality weapon in a holster that covers the trigger guard is not going to spontaneously fire. That awareness doesnt make the insecurity go away.

Same deal with cocked 'n locked 1911's. I know they are safe to carry that way, but I cant bring myself to do it.

For me the solution is simple; I am right handed and I carry in the small of my back at 6:00 in a left-handed holster. No matter what I am carrying, the barrel is pointed straight down at my butt-crack. And I stick to DAO weapons only for concealed carry...either a J-frame snub, a Glock, or a Kel-Tec.

I'm a bigger guy ( 6' 1" 260#) and have been considering 6 o'clock carry and was wondering wht it hasn't been mentioned more in this thread.

I have a Kel Tec PF 9, and I feel that 6 o'clock might be the best option for concealment. With my belly I'm thinking that anywhere forward of about 3:30 may cause some discomfort while sitting or driving. I'm in the Tri-Cities so for a good 7-8 months it is usually too hot outside for anything other than shorts and a t-shirt.

Also, is a left or right handed holster most prefered for SOB draw? Forward cant or straight up? I'm pretty inexpierenced when it comes to CCW so any and all input would be a great help.

I'm a bigger guy ( 6' 1" 260#) and have been considering 6 o'clock carry and was wondering wht it hasn't been mentioned more in this thread.

I have a Kel Tec PF 9, and I feel that 6 o'clock might be the best option for concealment. With my belly I'm thinking that anywhere forward of about 3:30 may cause some discomfort while sitting or driving. I'm in the Tri-Cities so for a good 7-8 months it is usually too hot outside for anything other than shorts and a t-shirt.

Also, is a left or right handed holster most prefered for SOB draw? Forward cant or straight up? I'm pretty inexpierenced when it comes to CCW so any and all input would be a great help.
SOB, or 6 o'clock carry, has not been mentioned because it is pretty much universally thought of as too dangerous by those with true carry experience. Most police departments strictly forbid it. Having a metal object right behind the base of your spine is just asking for a serious injury if you ever lost your footing. Plus, it is extremely uncomfortable and impractical if you ever need to sit down during your day.

Last Edited:
there have been lots of AD's with Glocks just because they don't have a true safety.

Please cite some actual examples where the pistol was at fault.

Ever hear about the cop that hung his Glock on a hook in the john and it emptied the whole mag as it bounced around on the hook? (no injuries)

No, I hadn't heard about that one. Sounds like pure stupidity. Who hangs ANY gun off of a hook?

Or the one that his finger hit the trigger as he pulled it from the holster? (shot him in the butt)

Again, operator error. Glocks can't fire unless the trigger is pulled, thereby fully charging the striker and moving the striker safety out of the way.

That's one of the reasons I don't have a Glock anymore even though I liked the internal laser I had. It also just didn't point naturally for me either.

If it didn't point naturally for you, fine. Please don't spread misinformation though.

Please cite some actual examples where the pistol was at fault.

No, I hadn't heard about that one. Sounds like pure stupidity. Who hangs ANY gun off of a hook?

Again, operator error. Glocks can't fire unless the trigger is pulled, thereby fully charging the striker and moving the striker safety out of the way.

If it didn't point naturally for you, fine. Please don't spread misinformation though.
True facts as reported in the gun rags in stores by some very well known writers.

True facts as reported in the gun rags in stores by some very well known writers.

Are the true facts the ones you stated above? Or are you talking about a different set of stories? If so, please cite your sources.

The ones you cited above are quite simply operator error and not the fault of the gun.

I'm not saying that a true accidental discharge could never happen with a Glock. It is a mechanical piece of machinery made by human beings, I get that.

there have been lots of AD's with Glocks just because they don't have a true safety. Ever hear about the cop that hung his Glock on a hook in the john and it emptied the whole mag as it bounced around on the hook? (no injuries) Or the one that his finger hit the trigger as he pulled it from the holster? (shot him in the butt)

I call BS..

First of all who hangs a gun on a hook. Second, by the weight distribution of the gun it would be physically impossible to get a pistol balanced with its weight on the trigger and get enough pressure to pull thse lbs back.

with the second story that means the guy hand 1 in the chamber, had his finger in the trigger guard while drawing it from the holster, and had to have not been paying attention to what he was doing.

all no nos.

i honestly think people just look for reasons to hate the glock.
Its a great gun at a good price. I have zero complaints.:s0155:

I bet there are as many negligent discharges with the 1911 as the Glock.

Fixed.

What is up with that? It has a safety for every ocassion :) People forget to put the safety on is why! People also take it off with haste! People have finger on the trigger and BAM!

You're exactly right. These discharges happen because someone violates one of the most basic rules of handling a gun : Don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.

I'm preaching to the choir, I know. :drink:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads