JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Germany is being strangled by the lack of natural gas being pumped from Russia because or Putin's war. I just read a story of BASF SE (German Chemical Co.), which is considering selling gas to Germany's grid for public consumption. This would be BASF's decision to further cut its gas-intensive ammonia production to enable the company to offer surplus fuel. Gas-intensive ammonia production is what is needed to produce nylon. Nylon is made from monomers, a combination of carboxylic acid chloride and amine. Amine is made from a reaction of ammonia with an alkyl halide. Does all this mean that the German made nylon-based polymer pistols like Heckler & Koch and Carl Walther are in trouble. Does this mean that their prices are going to be super expensive or will there be a reduction of production?
The price of perfection isn't free, man.

lool

I can buy a superb Browning Hi Power clone from US manufacturers for $700. Points like a b**ch, reliable as all-get-out, accurate as hades.

European versions are twice as expensive. We've already won the manufacturing war with Europe - every day and twice on Sunday. Who cares about monomers or polymers? We can do it better - polymer or steel.

Now think of HIMARS and Javelins. Oh my goodness!

Culturally, we can beat ourselves up every day about our failures, but we have a superior culture and values. I didn't invent it - but I inherited it and I'm going to live it, defend it, and promote it. It's not in the color of anyone's skin. But it is in the heart of any American who choses to be American - and we need to teach that, love it, and spread it.

I can buy a superb Browning Hi Power clone from US manufacturers for $700. Points like a b**ch, reliable as all-get-out, accurate as hades.

European versions are twice as expensive. We've already won the manufacturing war with Europe - every day and twice on Sunday. Who cares about monomers or polymers? We can do it better - polymer or steel.

Now think of HIMARS and Javelins. Oh my goodness!

Culturally, we can beat ourselves up every day about our failures, but we have a superior culture and values. I didn't invent it - but I inherited it and I'm going to live it, defend it, and promote it. It's not in the color of anyone's skin. But it is in the heart of any American who choses to be American - and we need to teach that, love it, and spread it.
I was just forced to stand up and and salute the flag from my fathers coffin just now! :s0155:

Our scientists will figure out a way to use plastic bottles and bags to make gun frames. Not to worry!

Not really I've handled all of those, still doesn't compare to quality manufactures, literally saw , sold, and handled some of those daily when I worked Cabela's. Fit and finish is OK at best metal quality is lacking compared to other manufactures. There is a reason the cheap shotguns fail so often. There ammo QC is also severely lacking, had some ZQI Turkish ammo that caused jams in four or five of my pistols that otherwise functioned flawlessly and had to have a wooden dowel placed down the barrel to hammer out the spent casings.

Already made the mistake of buying some of their crap in the past and I don't intend on making that same stupid mistake again.
They also support terrorism and aided those killing Armenian Christians.
I don't think it's wise to judge a whole country's production based on crap companies in that country.

That's the same as saying all usa guns are junk because I handled a Lorcin/Jimenez/Bryco and it was junk. It's just not accurate. I have many USA made guns that are stellar, but the Bryco I had one time was utter garbage. I will continue to buy USA made guns from good brands because they are excellent quality.

Similarly I had an Erma .22 Luger made in Germany that was garbage and I don't say that all german guns are garbage. My Sauers, Sig Sauers, HK, and Walthers have all been excellent IMO.

That's just a weird description.
Well, somewhat earthy (as we all are), but correct.

For that matter, I have a Hi-Power clone made in the manufacturing mecca of Liaskovetz, Bulgaria. :rolleyes: Decently made for the $239 I paid, and faithful to Browning dimensions, so all parts will fit. If I ever need any.

Increased pricing for High Command shootnstabbers...

image.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews