JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
the past few months have been interesting. i have contacted every buisness i can think of regarding the new legislation coming out on july 13th making homemade firearms and unfinished receivers essentially illegal in the state of oregon.

anyone here know outright of any ffl capable or willing to take in a and serialize a homemade firearm?

i would love to keep my projects legal?

thanks ahead of time

ADL Tactical in Springfield Oregon will do it super easy. Order and pay for the service on their website, print out the invoice and ship it with your receivers. They will serialize them and ship them back to you direct.

Try talking @TonyLeeFrost into doing it. He has amazing engraving skills and appropriate FFL qualifications.
That was great advice. I did send my bullpup lower in to get it serialized.

Just fyi to anyone doing this the receiver needs to have some form of metal plate that is easily accessible and read where the ffl can engrave it in permanently.

I realize some people may get rubbed the wrong way but I personal would rather have my rifles legal than not.

Just a preference.

Thanks again @arakboss for the help finding this service.

the one part hes incorrect on is you dont have to do a background check to get your 80% frame serialized by an FFL. It just has to be done by an FFL.
HB2005 Section 4.(2)(e).

8 minutes 20 seconds into the video.
Actually... that and the other part he got wrong was the July 13th date. That was the enactment date in 2023... and don't have to have them serialized until Sept 1, 2024.

Certainly not one of his better vid's. Wrong on 3 major points.

I sent him an email, but he still hasn't gone back to make any correction to the misinformation. Not cool.

Last Edited:
R&J firearms in McMinnville has set up a Laser Engraver to do just that.
They will do the work but you still have to Register The lower.
I certainly wouldn't take mine to them then. It's a gunsmithing service, no transfer is taking place and no BGC or ID is required. Well... their store policy might require ID for gunsmithing services, but no law requires it.

I certainly wouldn't take mine to them then. It's a gunsmithing service, no transfer is taking place and no BGC or ID is required. Well... their store policy might require ID for gunsmithing services, but no law requires it.
They are just performing a service, you tell them the name, address, and number
you want on the lower. It's up to you what you do with it after that. The only thing is they want you there when they do it. No mistakes.

They are just performing a service, you tell them the name, address, and number
you want on the lower. It's up to you what you do with it after that. The only thing is they want you there when they do it. No mistakes.
Yeah. It's simply classed by the alphabet as a "customization".
That sounds more like an NFA engraving... not 114 compliant serialization that only requires a SN. No name or address is required and the number is generated/issued by the FFL according to the alphabet guidelines.
....but you still have to Register The lower.
That made it sound like they were requiring a 4473. My bad.

What is the matter with you guys?
Look at any Receiver that is store bought and you will see the name of the company that made it, the city and state and a Serial number. That makes it
legal. It's on every damn gun built. If you are a bad guy, then fine do what you want. But if you want to stay within the law and not have trouble down the road
it's not a big deal. If you don't want to register it, then don't. But at least make it
somewhat legal. None of us are getting off this rock alive, when we go some
one is going to end up with it. If there is a serial number on it, they can sell it
and can register it then.

What is the matter with you guys?
Look at any Receiver that is store bought and you will see the name of the company that made it, the city and state and a Serial number. That makes it
legal. It's on every damn gun built. If you are a bad guy, then fine do what you want. But if you want to stay within the law and not have trouble down the road
it's not a big deal. If you don't want to register it, then don't. But at least make it
somewhat legal. None of us are getting off this rock alive, when we go some
one is going to end up with it. If there is a serial number on it, they can sell it
and can register it then.
Thats for gun manufacturers. What does that have to do with home built firearms?
How do you register a gun?

So I have not payed any attention to this so far as I have no home made firearms but I do have factory made firearms with no serial numbers. Are those required to be defaced? With a non factory serial number?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top