JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New here to Northwest Firearms and just want to say hi! I love shooting and shooting well, also do alot of reloading for all my rifles, 7 prc, 300 prc, 300 WM, 6.5 creed, and 30-06. Looking forward to making new friends.

IMG_6976.jpeg

Last Edited:
Welcome.
Jerry Miculek was speaking of handguns, but the same applies to rifles.
Paraphrasing: "If you want to be a top shooter you need to be the first at the range in the morning,
and the last to leave in the evening".

Welcome to the forum.

Want to shoot like a champ....easy...practice.

In any event...
It may be best to shoot as well as you can...and not wonder how the other guy is shooting.
Simply make your next shot better than you last shot.
Andy

Welcome to the forum.

In any event...
It may be best to shoot as well as you can...and not wonder how the other guy is shooting.
Andy
Thanks for the kind words, I got two brother that give me confidence and criticism, and I aim to impress them.

The last few groups of the day are awesome. I sure would like the first group to look like that.
Welcome.
Paraphrasing: "If you want to be a top shooter you need to be the first at the range in the morning,

Welcome.

IMG_1958.jpeg IMG_1953.jpeg

The last few groups of the day are awesome. I sure would like the first group to look like that.
Welcome.

Welcome! I can't help you to shoot like a champ, but if you need pointers on how to shoot like a chump I'm your huckleberry!

Welcome to the forum.

In any event...
Andy
Hard to keep the other guy out of my head, he's my brother and HE NEVER F-ING MISSES! God it makes me sick
Welcome to the forum . Enjoy all the site has to offer . Much to see , learn and share . Blessings . :)
Thanks for the warm welcome.

That's kind of the way things go for me. Start rough. But if I'm shooting the Garand things get better and then start failing as recoil starts getting to me.
I did manage to fall into a nice recipe for 6.5 Swede when we were out in December. The top one, 1917 Swedish Mauser. Eyesight won't let me shoot out to 100 yards with stock sights. I was able to shoot pretty happy at about 85 yards with the scope. A four shot warm up in the middle and the rest, 3-shot groups. Never had three touching before.

1713390710156.png

That's kind of the way things go for me. Start rough. But if I'm shooting the Garand things get better and then start failing as recoil starts getting to me.

I did manage to fall into a nice recipe for 6.5 Swede when we were out in December. The top one, 1917 Swedish Mauser. Eyesight won't let me shoot out to 100 yards with stock sights. I was able to shoot pretty happy at about 85 yards with the scope. A four shot warm up in the middle and the rest, 3-shot groups. Never had three touching before.

View attachment 1864970
Nice shooting Mike! I have never got 3 to touch yet, I've got as close as you can get no doubt.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top