JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking at building a Howa 1500 in either .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor depending on the price of the Action. I have almost everything picked out besides the Muzzle device. I don't want to pay over $120. What would the best Break in the price range?

Would also help to know what your priority is with the brake. While most brakes are louder then none some are much louder then others. Are you looking for maximum recoil reduction or some recoil reduction but not terribly obnoxious. Or maybe you just want something out there to finish it off.

Would also help to know what your priority is with the brake. While most brakes are louder then none some are much louder then others. Are you looking for maximum recoil reduction or some recoil reduction but not terribly obnoxious. Or maybe you just want something out there to finish it off.
I would like like it to look nice, but also have good recoil reduction. Nothing bigger then a 3 chamber break.

I found this to be worth a look most fall into what your looking for. Depending on your planned barrel length there is also hybrid brake/flash hiders that are effective

I found this to be worth a look most fall into what your looking for. Depending on your planned barrel length there is also hybrid brake/flash hiders that are effective

The barrel is going to be 24". I'm not too worried about flash hiders. There is this browning one that seems to be halfway decent

I have a muzzle break that came on my Tikka T3X .300WM if you wanna try it. I will post photos when I get back in the states.

But it looks like this.

IMG_2620.jpeg

@NodsLife this would be my recommendation also. Sign up for their newsletter/email list as they frequently run 20% off sales. Some others to look at would be the Area419 and MDT. Take a look at what the top PRS shooters are running.

Precision Rifle Blog, while basically defunct now did a ridiculously comprehensive test of brakes (and some supressors) for poi shift, precision, sound and more. Will need to search back a few years. It was done over several blogs with a summary blog at the end. Check it out, or go with the 'Lil bastard. It is concussive, but recoil reduction is excellent.

Ross Schuler Brakes have always gotten great reviews.
Simple, clean and inexpensive.
Toggle around the website...

Comments :
Accurate Shooter

Your gunsmith can adjust the O.D. and time it for a super-clean look.
Or use the Ross tapering service and time with a shim or have your gunsmith time it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR