JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,

I picked up a box of the Hornady ELD match 73gr .224" bullets the other day. I am planning to load them for my AR, and would like to keep them magazine length.

I didn't think about the added length of the tipped bullet when I bought them. I was messing around with the overall length tonight, and I think I will be uncomfortably far off the lands if I load them to magazine length. The polymer tip on the bullet adds about 0.07" to the overall length, when compared to hornady's 68gr HPBT. I have had good luck with the HPBT, but it already sits about 0.07" off the lands at magazine length. I am planning to load them with Varget and CFE 223, to see how they perform.

I was wondering if anybody has experience with them in the AR platform? And if anybody has come across decent accuracy?

I wouldn't worry too much about the jump. Just make sure you're not sitting so far down in the neck as to lose tension.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top