JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love this press for 9mm pistol loading so far, will have 2 more shell plates for 40S&W and 223/556 tomorrow
I'm gearing up to load rifle on this monster but trying to find the rifle metering & rotor is proving to be elusive and a PITA... :s0158:
Ive watched a few video's pertaining to the changeover that's helpful but need to find the actual rotor AND insert.
Are there any Hornady Goo-Gle Foo masters out there that can help me out?
Thanks in advance. :s0155:

I don't bother changing out the rotors, I just swap out the whole hopper with one that I have set for doing rifle(223/5.56 for mine) but a second rotor should have come with the powder unit if you got it new. if not you could order a new one, Bimart is a good go to for those parts for a reasonable price.

I don't bother changing out the rotors, I just swap out the whole hopper with one that I have set for doing rifle(223/5.56 for mine) but a second rotor should have come with the powder unit if you got it new. if not you could order a new one, Bimart is a good go to for those parts for a reasonable price.
I'd really not like to have to spend $200 for another powder measure setup for rifle if I can help it.
And the reason for this post is that I cannot find the parts and asking for help with finding them.

I was able to contact the seller to ask him if he remembered the other parts, he did and I found them in a box in a cabinet that came with the deal.
So much for being a professor but I sure have the absent mindedness of one.
There is definitely a difference in the two, the first pic has a small barrel that goes up into the rotor, the second one is a big barrel for lots of capacity.

0A8E0A03-4FF0-451B-9DD0-693DB11F86A2.jpeg 4AE8FB2B-555E-4D05-9367-C41A03993675.jpeg

Last Edited:
I was able to contact the seller to ask him if he remembered the other parts, he did Dan found them in a box in a cabinet that came with the deal.
So much for being a professor but I sure have the absent mindedness of one.
There is definitely a difference in the two, the first pic has a small barrel that goes up into the rotor, the second one is a big barrel for lots of capacity.

View attachment 1772729 View attachment 1772730
Good to see that there is a difference, guess I just haven't noticed it since mines only set for a 20gr max for 5.56. All my large caliber is still done one my single stage for now and I use and auto dispenser for them.

There also should be three different powder bushing sleeves:

The Case Activated Powder Drop
comes with three internal powder
bushing sleeves. The longest is the
pistol powder sleeve (19). Powder
sleeve (18) has the smallest inside
diameter and works for loading 20 to
270 caliber rifle cases. The third and
shortest powder sleeve is for loading
7mm to 45 caliber rifle cases.

Page 6 is the exploded diagram:

There also should be three different powder bushing sleeves:

The Case Activated Powder Drop
comes with three internal powder
bushing sleeves. The longest is the
pistol powder sleeve (19). Powder
sleeve (18) has the smallest inside
diameter and works for loading 20 to
270 caliber rifle cases. The third and
shortest powder sleeve is for loading
7mm to 45 caliber rifle cases.

Page 6 is the exploded diagram:
Thanks for that Mike. I definitely need to know a lot more than I do about this press but it is coming along slowly but surely. Baby steps to get it to stay cemented in my memory.

Thanks for that Mike. I definitely need to know a lot more than I do about this press but it is coming along slowly but surely. Baby steps to get it to stay cemented in my memory.
Ask away, I've got 2 of them. If you need/want parts I think I get a discount from Hornady as a dealer. One thing to watch is the plunger on the big disk will go in backwards. So make sure the locking pin goes in the locking grove not behind the disk.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews