JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have built your own remote firing platform for test firing firearms, please share photos. I am looking to build one in the very near future and want ideas on how to put one together. I want mine to be adjustable for long guns and handguns. Wheels on one end would be helpful so I can roll it to different locations and padded so it won't royally screw up the finishes on firearms. 300 win mag will be the upper limit in recoil energy.

Something like this might work for long guns only, if padding was added behind buttpad area. It would need some type of flexible band or tubing to hold it in the barrel rest area. Added wheels to back side might allow the entire fixture to roll backwards upon firing. That could lessen the abuse the buttstock rest area would take.

1715860761924.png

Source for photo:

I was looking into this several years ago, and after a bit of design work abandoned it and just bought one of these:

Designing and building one from scratch was going to cost me more in time and materials than just buying the finished product.

The one above isn't perfect "out of the box", or at least the one I got wasn't. But, with a few tweaks that took maybe 15 minutes, it's rock solid and performs well.

I was looking into this several years ago, and after a bit of design work abandoned it and just bought one of these:

Designing and building one from scratch was going to cost me more in time and materials than just buying the finished product.

The one above isn't perfect "out of the box", or at least the one I got wasn't. But, with a few tweaks that took maybe 15 minutes, it's rock solid and performs well.
$80 shipped

That thing is awesome. Have you tried remotely firing rifle with string on it?

I have this one, works well. You can clamp or bolt it to a table/bench.
A 3' dowell or string would work

Buy a Rockwell Jawhorse or copy, then clamp in your DIY shooting bench top. The Jawhorse can get used for many other things when it isn't a shooting bench.

Bruce

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR