JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As many of you probably know, for absolutely no good reason, a lot of older guns and scope mounts were tapped for 6-48 size screws which you can't find outside of the gun-world.
The side mount I bought for my Savage 6a had no screws, and the ones that were filling in the holes on the rifle are tiny.
Rather than pay 10 bucks in shipping for a dollar worth of screws, does anyone know where to get some in Oregon or Washington, a GunSmith who would be willing to ship them for a few bucks.
Thanks!

6-48 screws aren't really used outside the shooting world, it is highly unlikely you will find them in a regular store or machine shop. Your best bet is to go to a local gunsmith or gun store and try and find them there.

Shooter's Pro Shop at Nosler would probably have some they could spare you. When I was working there, they had a cup full of extra scope screws just laying around. Go see them, at the very worst they will charge you for them.

Shooter's Pro Shop at Nosler would probably have some they could spare you. When I was working there, they had a cup full of extra scope screws just laying around. Go see them, at the very worst they will charge you for them.

I always forget about Nosler since they are in the high-end hunting side of shooting that I'm not.
Thanks for the wake-up call. I'll be talking to them soon!

Hey generator I know it may be a bit of a trek outside Bend but there is a Fastenal in Redmond by the airport. I can't remember the street name but if you turn right at the light where Lowe's is it's down there on the right.

Not really sure but the 6-48 number seems to be in my mind from the RC car days. Not really sure but try a hobby shop they might have something.

Brownells sells a tray with all the set screws and scope mount screws you could need. most gun counters at sporting goods stores has one. They usually sell them for a buck or two, per screw. I don't know about Bend, but you might call a couple gunshops/gunsmiths.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top