JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a good friend that shoots a 6.5 at a 1000. If your going to put a muffler on it you won't be able to use this. I will get the name of the break that he is using. Its one with the Allen wrench screw ports in the top. We set up a four foot large ruler and the gun was on a tri pod at my range. We then set up a movie Cam looking across the end barrel at the ruler just behind the break.
When we got done, the gun barrel never moved up at all. This was all filmed.
It still moved back but not up. There is a couple of other things you will want to look at. First get yourself an AR-10 Bob Sled, and the second is a real lite
trigger assembly. If you are going to shoot at 1000, you don't want a 5 pound
trigger.

I'm looking at "building" a 6.5CM AR10 with the intent of shooting no less than 1k yards. I'd choose a bigger cartridge if it'd fit, but anyway... 114 changes things. I want this sucker to be heavy to suck up any recoil the already pipsqueak 6.5 produces. What I've found for options are a 24" heavy profile BA barrel, likely using my sandman L on front and a Magpul PRS at the back. From there, I'm not sure how to get more weight than standard AR10s. Quad rail? Steel inserts? I'm open to suggestions.
Bear creek arsenal upper. They weigh like a million pounds.

Or buy a g3k, they recoil about same as 300 blackout. So mild ( for .308). So damn much fun.

This shows what recoil is like. You can reduce recoil even more by going with a lower angle locking piece ($24-$50). Such as 50 degree or even 37 degree.

View: https://youtu.be/ZL2YsGgb_fU?si=f76GpbbO6fHGXNnK

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads