JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't need to wait for their work.
If they say 4-6 wks for Cerakote, then they must be farming it out.
We have local sponsors here that can do Cerakote.

For stipple, look at Polymer Refined.
If you can match that locally, I'd like to know about it.
I mean my job was kind of complex it was getting a kriss vector with an eotech done up like this

Cerakote 1.jpg

There's some really good advice in this thread. No shame in giving longer wait times to customers if your work is great. Just apologize and say that you are extremely busy. I'd like to hear "It's going to be 6 weeks" and get it back in 3 weeks, rather than "It's going to be 3 weeks" and it takes 6.

There's some really good advice in this thread. No shame in giving longer wait times to customers if your work is great. Just apologize and say that you are extremely busy. I'd like to hear "It's going to be 6 weeks" and get it back in 3 weeks, rather than "It's going to be 3 weeks" and it takes 6.
Absolutely like I said before I don't mind waiting for quality but I wish they would have told me a more accurate timeline.

Unfortunately, in my experience, I've found that many good craftsmen are often poor businessmen. They do something better than anyone else and can be masterful in their craft, but they don't have the business sense or customer service experience.

I too have seen this phenomenon in a number of different fields.

GO GET YOUR GUNS!! In my experience it only gets worse!

^ This.

I, generally, have zero patience for people who can't follow through on a scheduled task. True, there are times when circumstances necessitate a delay and in those case being gracious is warranted. But if they are just blowing smoke, to hell with them.

I use a Credit Card for everything for just this reason.

Ditto. For cash flow, we normally do everything on the card, and it is paid off each pay cycle. It affords better protection than debit, produces cash rewards, and since it is paid off every payday, interest is not a concern.

I would suggest you pick up your property and also receive a refund at the same time.

if you feel obliged to put up a review of the company on 3rd party websites, then so be it.

Although most in the thread are telling you to pick up your guns and get a refund, you don't seem to want to do that just yet, which is fine since it's your decision. if I was concerned about the time frame and not happy with the amount of movement I'd seen so far from them, but I still was willing to wait a bit longer, I would still go in person and talk to the owner (or as high as I could go) and express my concerns and tell them that I was considering cancelling the order because of those concerns.

I would base what I did next on how they reacted to that. If I still didn't feel comfortable with their response I would follow through and cancel the order and get a refund. If I still felt like giving them a chance I'd tell them I'd give them one more week (or what ever time I felt was reasonable based on what they said and my time frame) and if there was still no movement, I'd follow through and cancel the order and get a refund.

We all have our own point of when it's been long enough and you may not have reached yours yet while others would have a long time ago, but only you can decide when it has been long enough for you. Good luck with getting it resolved and I hope it all turns out for the best in the end.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads