JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now don't you go climbing in bed with those two malcontents... :s0123:

A SIG is a fine machine. I have three of them, and none of them have ever "...just gone off by itself..." like these rapscallions seem to believe... :rolleyes:
Because your SIGs are the P226, 229, and 220, all others are just DANGEROUS. :s0002: :s0030:

Because your SIGs are the P226, 229, and 220, all others are just DANGEROUS. :s0002: :s0030:
I got you a gift membership, and this ☝️ is how you show your thanks?:s0012:

Hey, @Joe Link, how does one claw back a gift membership? I'm gonna need to know that... 🤔

On a side note, i am in Guadalajara, México right now on holiday and i have seen one undercover police officer (or narco) carrying a pistol in his front pocket with the grip sticking out a bit. Sadly, i could not identify it other than it being a metal framed pistol. What made me take notice of him was his smallish walkie-talkie. Interesting!

Yeah, i have been meaning to reach out to about that. Very surprised and pleased!! PM incoming....
Well, before ya do, ya might wanna consider retracting that nasty bit about my SIGs...

:D

Man, a gift with strings attached. It seems @sobo owns you. Can we say indentured servant?
I will see what he has to say. All good emperors hold court once in a while and listen to their subjects' pleas...

I purchased my holster (phlster enigma) the day my permit was approved and had been dialing it in while wearing it in the house with an unloaded pistol.

Then I received my permit in the mail and Today was the day when I went grocery shopping, conceal carrying it for the first time. I called it my first dry run where the pistol was unloaded.

I practiced slow and firm draws from the appendix position and feel very comfortable but it has been with an unloaded firearm.

How do you mentally prepare yourself to start carrying with one in the chamber? Is there a slow transition to it?

Thanks in advance from a newbie
I think it was 1994 when TX got CHL, now termed LTC. Of course now we have Constitutional Carry (Amen) and Open Carry which I hardly ever see in the DFW area. By this time, I had already been carrying "off duty" for 4 years. Personally I wouldn't carry empty in public even for a dry run but that is me. You can practice your draw when you put the gun on and when you take it off. It is not a talisman against evil, it is simply a tool. Fast out, slow in and finger never goes in the trigger guard until ready to fire.

I have qualifications to teach and though I always recommend people get as much quality training as possible, the truth is Colt was correct. It is a great equalizer. It doesn't take a lot of skill to draw and fire. Accurate shots outside of 7yds takes a bit more skill. What you need to know like the back of your hand is your state's use of force law and awareness skills. You are looking for an anomaly in the given environment you are in.

I've been carrying so long I don't remember beginning butterflies.
Plus, I started with a revolver.
My humble admonition though; If you carry daily, At some point, not that long from now, and for the rest of your life, the real issue, things like restraint of use notwithstanding, will be how easy it is to forget you are carrying for which you must stay ever vigilant and not let happen.

1714174942949.png

I have changed my carry gun over the years and have a fair number of holsters that did not work for me. I carried an XD40SC which has a grip safety. I carried it my XD40SC for few years before carrying an FNX-9 with a manual safety.. I practiced drawing with an empty magazines numerous times and ammo was cheap so I went to the gun range numerous times as well. Now I carry a VP9 or a G19 depending on what I am wearing. I always take multiple pistols to the range and practice with all of them put at least 50 rounds per gun.

I purchased my holster (phlster enigma) the day my permit was approved and had been dialing it in while wearing it in the house with an unloaded pistol.

Then I received my permit in the mail and Today was the day when I went grocery shopping, conceal carrying it for the first time. I called it my first dry run where the pistol was unloaded.

I practiced slow and firm draws from the appendix position and feel very comfortable but it has been with an unloaded firearm.

How do you mentally prepare yourself to start carrying with one in the chamber? Is there a slow transition to it?

Thanks in advance from a newbie
I think I started carrying full clip empty chamber. Then one in the chamber, hammer down safety on and carried that way for about a decade before I got my first plastic striker fired. By that time I had no problem adapting to one in the chamber without a safety.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top