JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FTW

Joe

20240110_102558.jpg

Blued steel :
New...
"Pre-War" S&W and Colt blue...
"Fire Blue"...
Case hardening...
Well worn blue with honest wear....
'Old time" Browning....

With all that said...
It's your pistol...ifin' you like and want Flat Dark Earth as a color...get one in that color.
Firearms ain't fashion accessories.....:D
Andy
1716380980504.png

"Ah say, Ah say! It would apeeah that 'dis ol' boy ain' nevah been to a Texas Bar Bee Kew!"

If you're not sure you want FDE looks, you could, I don't know.. simply buy spray paint in flat/matte earth tones and spraypaint the basic black or even stainless gun? If you find you like it, then you can take paint off easily and then trade or buy the FDE gun...

The only gun I have that isn't black or blued is my MSAR STG-E4 - that one is OD green, and was too good of a deal to pass up. Glad I bought it, but definitely prefer black when possible.

LONG ago fell in love with stainless. At first was not real keen on it. What changed me was how easy it is to deal with "wear and tear".
Ditto this with me exactly!

My first SS gun was Blackhawk and I was still kind of on the fence with it - (IE didn't look 'authentic').

Next was a SS GP 100 that pushed me 'over the edge', and now I have two others.

In all the years I have had them (and shoot often) I see no discernible scratches or any marks on them.

Last Edited:
I have a stainless1911
A 1972 Hi-Power in blue
A 2008 Hi-power mk3 in black epoxy

I have thought of getting the epoxy one stripped and nickel or chrome plated. Because I hate the the way it looks. But that would have no practical value. The finish looks plastic fantastic but is durable as hell.

Patina. Honest wear, not rusted, not pitted, but honest wear. One of the coolest gun I've seen was a Winchester 71 where you could see the handprint of the person who'd carried it hunting for years wrapped around the receiver.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top