JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at a gun show back in the Midwest last fall, and I bought a box full of stuff. Bullets, brass and other items I'll probably never use.
I finally got around to sorting through it and this was in the bottom.
It's 11.5 CM long. (Little over 4 1/2") and 6 mm (1/4") in diameter.
Rounded on both ends. Knurled in the middle. Steel, blued and shows no signs of wear.
Any ideas?

DSCN0528.JPG

DSCN0532.JPG

Thats a double ended roundtuit. Last time I got one of those it left me burning the candle from both ends, get rid of it while you can.

Looks like one end is slightly smaller than the other? So maybe a go/no go gauge of some sort? Any writing on it? Anything else in the box that might be a clue?

All good ideas. But I don't think we know, yet.
More info.
It mics at .2354" Just under 6mm. From knurling to rounded ends. Smooth. Good machining work.
It's heavy. Not lead heavy, but good solid metal heavy. It is magnetic and has a good ring to it when I drop it on my desk.
No scars or hammer marks, like it was push or hammered into a hole.
I'm wondering maybe it isn't even related to firearms??????
I'm stumped. Bewilders me sitting on my desk.
And thanks for all your help.

I've spent 35 years in and around machine shops and longer around firearms.
All though not that familiar with semi auto handguns or AR type rifles. I've never seen anything like it in a firearm.

Could be anything really. It is probably hardened (you said it had a nice ring to it) so it could be a gauge of some kind. Don't know if it would be diameter or length. The knurling could be a necessary feature, or just there to make it fancy. Maybe a tool for torquing a small through-nut or bolt on some other tool? Last idea is some kind of cam pin or linkage for some larger device. Further speculation based on where you found it it might be reloading related, like a return cam for primer seating on a multi-function press.

But the thing is so simple it very well could be anything. Unless someone can dig up a part number I am not sure we will ever really know what it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top