JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never seen a whole kit for lower. Pretty nuts. I have no idea if this is a worthy company. Just figured I'd share. Got a $30 dollar poverty pony lying around?

ETA: READ WHOLE THREAD. NOT A GOOD DEAL. BUYER BEWARE.

For $10 you can get a rifle kit.

Last Edited:
Just to be aware that you won't know exactly what you're getting until you get it. They are "hodgepodge" kits. Everything is based on availability.

IE., Barrel profile and twist may vary, handguard may be 10"-15" and be either m-lok, keymod or a quad, upper may have assists or not and be assemble or not, etc etc.....

Just an FYI to read the fine print. Someone else posted these kits a few weeks ago. Maybe someone in the other thread bought one and can comment.

Just to be aware that you won't know exactly what you're getting until you get it. They are "hodgepodge" kits. Everything is based on availability.

IE., Barrel profile and twist may vary, handguard may be 10"-15" and be either m-lok, keymod or a quad, upper may have assists or not and be assemble or not, etc etc.....

Just an FYI to read the fine print.
Have you purchased from them before? Anything to report in the components?

Have you purchased from them before? Anything to report in the components?
Nah. I took a pass. That's why I mentioned the other thread.. if someone can find it, I know there where at least a couple people that said they were going to order one. They might be willing to post a followup on what they received.

I'm "frugal" on some bang around builds, but seemed like more of a gamble than I wanted to take. ;)

Nah. I took a pass. That's why I mentioned the other thread.. if someone can find it, I know there where at least a couple people that said they were going to order one. They might be willing to post a followup on what they received.

I'm "frugal" on some bang around builds, but seemed like more of a gamble than I wanted to take. ;)
I just can't get over the price. Add a $30 Anderson lower and you get a sub $250 AR. Never been a better time to buy and own guns in the USA. Even with 114 in the background. Hopefully, folks around here stocked up on lowers!

I have ordered exactly 1 thing from Durkin. I was putting together a cheap 9mm ar and couldn't find a bcg anywhere. They had one and it shipped to me without drama. Not high end by any means but it worked for what I needed it for.

I just can't get over the price. Add a $30 Anderson lower and you get a sub $250 AR. Never been a better time to buy and own guns in the USA. Even with 114 in the background. Hopefully, folks around here stocked up on lowers!
I was reading on another forum a guy got a .223 wylde fluted (sort of) barrel so when they say 5.56/.223 that may mean one, or the other or wylde... based on inventory.

My impression is they are just buying whatever they can lay hands on as cheaply as possible and then filling out kits with a mixmash of components. They may or may not play well together and may or may not contain mfg 2nd's or blemished(?)

If you just want something that's fairly likely to blow smoke... it might be worth a try. If it's semi reliable that's a bonus but I wouldn't think it's a guarantee. Sometimes you get what you paid for, but at that price point it may be bordering on not even worth that... and just throwing money down the poop chute.

IOW, manage your expectations, and to reiterate... I have no personal experience with that company or their products. Who knows? It might be incredible! I'm just expressing my own first impression.

A few reviews;
those reviews look like people who ordered and dont know what they are looking at, and/or did not shoot the rifle yet. and people who were not happy with the product/shipping.
I ordered a rail recent because "cheap" $40 free shipping, not from Durkin, but another company. the part didnt ship for almost a month and the box had a "made in china" sticker on it. who knows the quality of the aluminum, mostly likely not 6065 or 7075. I will stick with name brand parts from here out. you get what you pay for.

Last Edited:
F it. Bought one. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Obviously, I was looking at them too, but I already did my "F it" for Christmas this year. I bought one of those patmos judah glonk clone complete upper and LPK's for $190... just because I've never bought anything other than OEM and wanted to see how valid all those claims are that "they all work just as well as OEM".

Now I'm gun shy!

(see what I did there? 🤣)

Got tracking info, shows expected delivery this Friday. Much faster than I honestly thought. I'm super curious to what a $220 kit looks like! I'll put up some pictures once it is in my hands.

Well, I'd like to say I can snap some pictures of a complete ghetto blaster, but I can't.

I am your guinea pig, and by being your Guinea pig I can 100% state that this is a "Too good to be true"

AVOID DURKIN TACTICAL

After opening the package, which it was packed well and shipped quickly, and finding the upper. I knew. The BCG was stored in the upper for shipping. Yet it was wedged in the upper. IE something was off spec. The upper was grossly out of spec. There was no way the BCG was going to move freely within it, and it fit absolutely zero of the lowers I tried to get it on.

The rail is absolute garbage. I knew this going in, but damn. The threads were stripped out of the box. Looked like someone forced the steel lock nut over the soft aluminum.

The buffer tube is also garbage.

The LPK is questionable at best.

The bolt passed headspace on the barrel. The barrel looks decent. The BCG measured correctly in the places I spec'd.

I'll keep it together in the box until I replace some of the crap parts.

I reached out to DURKIN to see what they would say. I'll let you all know what happens from there.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top