JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

So many great comments on there vastly outnumbering the AntiCivilRights crowd, but this one is tops:
Bobsuks 5 days ago
What a bunch of pathetic hand wringing.

According to the Constitution of the United States of America:

Article 6, Paragraph 2 "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

Bill of Rights, Amendment 2 "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

According to the SCOTUS: "The Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected with service in a militia, for traditionally lawful purposes" (District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570)

The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding, and that this Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States. (Caetano v. Massachusetts, 577 U.S. 2016)

The Second Amendment was incorporated against state and local governments, through the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. (McDonald v. City of Chicago, 561 U.S. 742)

"An unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation as inoperative as though it had never been passed." (Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425)

"Congress does not have the power to pass laws that override the Constitution." (Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137) It is unconstitutional to require a precondition on the exercising of a right. (Guinn v US 1915, Lane v Wilson 1939)

It is unconstitutional to require a license (government permission) to exercise a right. (Murdock v PA 1943, Lowell v City of Griffin 1939, Freedman v MD 1965, Near v MN 1931, Miranda v AZ 1966)

"If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity." (Shuttlesworth v. City of Birmingham, Alabama, 373 U.S. 262).

It is unconstitutional to delay the exercising of a right. (Org. for a Better Austin v Keefe 1971)

It is unconstitutional to charge a fee for the exercising of a right. (Harper v Virginia Board of Elections 1966)

It is unconstitutional to register (record in a government database) the exercising of a right. (Thomas v Collins 1945, Lamont v Postmaster General 1965, Haynes v US 1968)

The antis haven't just created the term "assault rifles", but have also redefined or created many other terms, such as compromise, common sense, confiscation, gun violence, mass shooting, and so on...

Pretty soon, for the sake of crushing freedom, murder suicides will be 'mass casualty incidents', and repeating arms will be re-classified as "rapid-fire weapons" - which includes Henry Deringer's 2-shot pistol and everything above that. It's all about a fear and ignorance-driven agenda.

I've gotten to the point I've become very blunt. "Are you personally willing to kill another American in order to take away the firearms you don't think they should have, and if you personally are, what would you kill them with in an effort to do so?"

Obviously then the point is moot, they will use guns to force other people with guns not to have guns.

At the end of the day, all leftists are just some form of totalitarian statist or delusional idealist. They either want everyone controlled, or so far removed from logical thinking that both blatant evidence and history contradicting their beliefs are willfully and regularly ignored.

We have become a nation of idiots. The media is programming thoughts into the little heads full of mush and the little droids then do as programmed. Mashall McLuhan nailed it when he wrote about the influence and effects of media:

"McLuhan proposed that media themselves, not the content they carry, should be the focus of study—popularly quoted as "the medium is the message". McLuhan's insight was that a medium affects the society in which it plays a role not by the content delivered over the medium, but by the characteristics of the medium itself."

Can you say "Media hysteria"?

Yeah....

I've gotten to the point I've become very blunt. "Are you personally willing to kill another American in order to take away the firearms you don't think they should have, and if you personally are, what would you kill them with in an effort to do so?"

Obviously then the point is moot, they will use guns to force other people with guns not to have guns.

At the end of the day, all leftists are just some form of totalitarian statist or delusional idealist. They either want everyone controlled, or so far removed from logical thinking that both blatant evidence and history contradicting their beliefs are willfully and regularly ignored.
Unless that person is willing to go door to door themself (which they are not), then I believe it best to ignore their little hamster fisted tantrums

In general ,
I think there is a huge disconnect between the press and most non gun owners with gun owners.

This disconnect can be with :
The language and terms used...
The understanding or lack thereof of just how firearms actually work...
And what projectiles from the same do in reality...
Stereotypes of gun owners and non gun owners ruling the course of the conversation , instead of connecting with the actual person involved in the conversation...
The understanding of the 2nd Amendment as well as those who wrote it and the ideas / outlooks of the time...

Any of the above takes real work and research...
So , in today's world of "instant information" and the drive for a impossible idea of a "do all solution ", now , to this problem , so we can move on to the next issue...
And ratings...can't forget to make ratings , headlines or a profit no matter what...

Makes for a rough go at changing any disconnect.
Oh and the change from the disconnect can only happen , through an honest desire to work with the other side and see their point of view...
It will not happen if someone is constantly changing the "rules" of the conversation or out only for their own agenda.
Andy

In general ,
I think there is a huge disconnect between the press and most non gun owners with gun owners.

This disconnect can be with :
The language and terms used...
The understanding or lack thereof of just how firearms actually work and what projectiles from the same do in reality...
Stereotypes of gun owners and non gun owners ruling the course of the conversation , instead of connecting with the actual person involved in the conversation...
The understanding of the 2nd Amendment as well as those who wrote it and the ideas / outlooks of the time...

Any of the above takes real work and research...
So , in today's world of "instant information" and the drive for a impossible idea of a "do all solution ", now , to this problem , so we can move on to the next issue...
And ratings...can't forget to make ratings , headlines or a profit no matter what...

Makes for a rough go at changing any disconnect.
Andy

The problem is so many just don't give a crap.

Oh and the change from the disconnect can only happen , through an honest desire to work with the other side and see their point of view...
This right here I think is the key to resolving many many, okay, probably most conflicts...
A rare person who wants to engage in this level of conflict resolution...
How to lay down emotional entanglements and egos...
And when most don't give a crap....Because/or they already know what's what....

But yes, @Andy you've got the answer, but unfortunately once again, nobody's listening....

This right here I think is the key to resolving many many, okay, probably most conflicts...
A rare person who wants to engage in this level of conflict resolution...
How to lay down emotional entanglements and egos...
And when most don't give a crap....Because/or they already know what's what....

But yes, @Andy you've got the answer, but unfortunately once again, nobody's listening....
I am Andy. He is AndyinEverson. Please use the correct name when replying, otherwise I get emails that do not pertain to me. Thank you.

Unless that person is willing to go door to door themself (which they are not), then I believe it best to ignore their little hamster fisted tantrums

Sadly ignoring them doesn't prevent the onslaught of legislation that is attempted seemingly every year to infringe on American freedom, specifically, owning guns.

Our government isn't perfect but it isn't insanely oppressive when compared to the way the legal system in England was used politically against dissenters as the Founders experienced nor do we have things like Cambodian killing fields or death camps or the KGB. One may always find corollaries but nothing so literally oppressive and dangerous. So too with crime being down, it doesn't affect people in the way it did in the past before the advent of the gun made strong arm crimes against physically weaker/older people much more difficult.

And so now, the people who have experienced such safety and are unable to imagine an actual unsafe world, turn against the object that made the world so safe because of a few edge cases that can never under any circumstance, actually be eliminated except in fantasy.

The antis haven't just created the term "assault rifles", but have also redefined or created many other terms, such as compromise, common sense, confiscation, gun violence, mass shooting, and so on...

They created the term "assault weapon" NOT assault rifle. Assault rifles are defined, by the military, as medium caliber rifles capable of semi or auto fire.

Jack

Those inbred morons of Pierce, King, Whatcom and lets not forget our morons in Olympia... Lead by your president candidate Nutsy aka insley and his little puppy dog ferguson are a bunch who know nothing about anything but act they wrote the bible. The rest of us by their thinking are incapable of handling ourselves. These people need to move to California. That's the trouble in Washington too many Californians moving up here and creating California 2.... Scares me !!!!

They created the term "assault weapon" NOT assault rifle. Assault rifles are defined, by the military, as medium caliber rifles capable of semi or auto fire.

Jack

Refefined may be a better word then, but my meaning should be clear. The new definition was codified in WA law with I-1639.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews