JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just sittin here thinking what would I do if they came to get my guns and one quote keeps coming to mind and that is Charlton Heston "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS". So that is my view on my right to protect my family from the goverment and unlawfull citizens that try and bring harm to them. Whats your?

I will start by saying it is not a worry that is very likely to happen. First off how to you "collect" that many guns? Lets just say there are 200 million guns in the US. How long would it take for this to happen going "door to door", 6 months, a year, more? The physical magnitude of it would be next to impossible. Then of course there is who is actually going to do it? Local LEO would not have time to do it. How about what it would take to transport, store and assumingly destroy. With the amount of time this would take they might get a few but unless they are like Santa and can get them all in one night there would be such and outrage there would be real issues.

IF there is ever a ban the first call will be to turn them in. There will be "rewards" for turning in your friends, neighbors, family. It would happen a few at a time. If they are coming for your guns you will be easily labeled a "bad guy" since you did not turn in your guns willingly. Since these things will only happen occasionally not enough people will stand with you because it "does not effect them".

Oh, I'm sorry agent Williams, but I lost my firearms in a boating accident. Oh wait, I almost forgot this old .22 rifle, which I will gladly turn in; "If even one life is saved," right? Keep up the good work, guys. Please, come inside and sit down for a while, I've just got to uhh... text the neighbors real quick, but you should stick around for ten to fifteen minutes, I'll make you a cup of coffee, would you like some lemonade instead? Take a load off, I've just got to talk to my son real quick here: James, run next door and tell old Charlie "It's just about Mule deer season." Got it? Those exact words? Good.-- Now gentlemen, tell me about those scary-looking black guns you've got there. What sort of bullets do they shoot? Is that a high-capacity magazine clip? Gosh, they sure are scary. Are you certain they're safe? I sure don't want anything like that around MY house, but you guys are probably really well trained, right?

Oh, I'm sorry agent Williams, but I lost my firearms in a boating accident. Oh wait, I almost forgot this old .22 rifle, which I will gladly turn in; "If even one life is saved," right? Keep up the good work, guys. Please, come inside and sit down for a while, I've just got to uhh... text the neighbors real quick, but you should stick around for ten to fifteen minutes, I'll make you a cup of coffee, would you like some lemonade instead? Take a load off, I've just got to talk to my son real quick here: James, run next door and tell old Charlie "It's just about Mule deer season." Got it? Those exact words? Good.-- Now gentlemen, tell me about those scary-looking black guns you've got there. What sort of bullets do they shoot? Is that a high-capacity magazine clip? Gosh, they sure are scary. Are you certain they're safe? I sure don't want anything like that around MY house, but you guys are probably really well trained, right?

"I will not comply!"

"Say, why is your partner setting fire to the back of my house?" :s0131:

"I will not comply!"

Oh I'm gonna comply all OVER this beeyotch. Ima be the most compliant sucka EVER. Ain't nobody do more complyin' than this guy. Hey look over here, I'm complying! Don't shoot, I totally just complied! Look how much of a comply-er I am! Want to know who in my neighborhood has guns? Geeze, I donno, I usually just keep to myself, and I DEFinitely don't hang out with GUN people. They scare my wife, Wife, get over here and show the government how scared of guns you are! *AAAAAAAAHHHHHH* Good job honey.

It won't be pretty heard storys from my friend, and his friends, and there friends.... Things like yard gnomes filled with tanerite, glass, ball bearings. list goes on and on and on. but if you asked me? send my wife and son away to the grand parents and give up everything i have peacefully.

First they'll put out a huge public notice that everyone needs to turn their guns in by a certain date; most (75%?) will comply.

Then they'll start cross-referencing the records of FFL sales and individual owners and send letters to those folks, asking them to turn in their guns or provide some sort of documentation regarding their disposition (bill of sale, etc). Maybe another 10-15% will comply?

At this point they'll have the fugitive gun owners pared down to a manageable number. Maybe they'll do a friendly knock-and-talk first, or maybe some sort of flag on a license plate or driver's license to have you detained when someone official contacts you on unrelated business. They'll slowly peck away at the number of guns out there.

Finally, there will be those few who still refuse to comply. A pretty small number by this point, it'll be relatively easy to go door-to-door and finish the job.

Let me start with I do not agree with what Dorner did or how he went about it but one man just shut down the LAPD and most of Sothern California for 5 days and put them in such a panic they shot up 2 trucks over mistaken Identity.
Thank god no one was badly hurt but these are the so called trained professionals. How would the people of LA react if some one died because of this panic?

So tell me how they could come and get your firearms because in my neighborhood they would not get past the 3 house before a 100 folks would be armed and ready and word would spread fast.

If the LA police had a hard time dealing with one individual what would they do with 10 or 100 or 1000 or 10000 that feel just as strongly about a constitutional right as this guy did about being wronged even if just in his own mind.

I do not believe in violence but confiscation is crossing the line in my and many of the people I know opinions.

Just food for thought.

Modeler614
First they'll put out a huge public notice that everyone needs to turn their guns in by a certain date; most (75%?) will comply.

Is this an Oregon thing or what because the people I deal with at the shop are not buying firearms or ammo just to turn them in or sell for profit?

In North Idaho at least I do not think you will see a 3 % compliance and Sothern Idaho around Boise maybe 25 % in the city only. Not only do the people feel strongly about the Second Amendment so does the state legislature.

If what you express is truly what you feel the people of Oregon will do then you have lost all ready.

Just my opinion.

I'm including every firearm owner, not just those who are passionate like us. People who own 1 or 2 guns, old inherited guns, used to be into it before they got married and had kids. People who attend gun buybacks for $100 gift cards. People like that ;)

I don't think it will come to that. Now, laws might get so restrictive that you'll be a felon if caught with a gun... so you'll be captive in your house looking at your collection behind closed doors.

Gun confiscation in the U.S. would be an incomprehensible logistical nightmare. There are simply too many variables to contend with starting with two historically effective deterrents - mass and distance. But why are we even considering the possibility when we are actually gaining more gun rights than we are losing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top