JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The government does not need to confiscate guns. They will give a turn in date. Lets say 50% comply. The will wait till some one reports some one for owning a gun and have a grand shoot out and murder him and his family. Then offer an amnesty and wait for another 50% to comply then keep doing so.

Time is their ally.

They will fight a war by death by a thousand cuts

I am not surprised by the wide range of anwsers so far I just want to make it clear that I do not think this will happen anytime in near future. What we all have to reallize though is that if we let them start taking our right to bear arms we will not have an option. So the reason I started this post was to get people thinking for themselves. How important is your right to bear arms? and i see no better way the to ask what would you do if it was your last resort. We can win this fight with words If we stay united please everyone keep on your local legislature! & happy shooting!

If it ever comes to knocking on doors for confiscation with the national guard, army, etc. I pray that there will be enough people brave enough to stand up to that level of tyranny. Most of us will probably die fighting but that is something worth dying for. I will live happily as a free man for one day rather than as a slave for a lifetime.

I have said before they could have had their way during the first AWB under Clinton as there was less of a gun culture compared with now but even then they did not want to push too far as they felt their would be civil unrest.

At that time there was not the internet like now and all that goes with it. People have a voice in forums, e-mails and articles where before unless you had the media on your side you would not get heard. I feel our message is getting across as they have been backing down from their first position but no matter what they get we lose something and they gain. It is never a compromise because we always lose.

This is the first time I have seen states and Sheriffs stand up for the people rights and going against the federal machine. Both Washington and Colorado just past laws that are against federal Law by legalizing Marijuana. The feds are not sure what to do so they want to tax it.

The gun culture has grown leaps and bounds compared to the 90s even with the new stuff going on in New York they are pushing back in lawsuits and claiming they will not comply. We will see what happens but it could get ugly.

Many people know I work in a sporting goods shop on the weekends and I can say for a fact that new sales and new firearms owners in the last 5 years have gone through the roof.
Canceled carry classes have gone from 1 to 2 a month to 5 per weekend and even several during the week in our area alone. When I ask the reason for their purchase I get two answers the first is to protect myself and my family and the second is I do not trust my government!

Maybe the government needs to read this on more posts to let them know they should be cautious with their actions as we are watching and we will not accept any more infringements on our rights. People are getting tired of being taxed to death and made out to be the bad guy for something they think is evil with no real proof. Remember they work for us we do not work for them.

I have always tried to be a law abiding citizen and respect my elected officials but there are some things I am willing to fight for. I will wait for any new laws and the fallowing lawsuits to commence then see what the out come will be. But in the mean time I will keep voicing my opinion loudly and writing my representatives and making sure they know how I feel. I also let them know I will keep track of their votes and it will determine how I vote in the next election.

The reason for this rant is when I see post that about how most folks will comply and let it happen it plays into their hand as they read this stuff. It lets the antis feel emboldened that they are on the right track. We all have the right to state our opinions but it makes it look like you have given up before you started.

Personally I want them to feel uncomfortable.

Just my opinion.

I don't think even CLOSE to 50% compliance rate will even happen. Although the figures will be bolstered by all the people who simply lie about it. They have no way of knowing where the guns are, and believe me, if they were to do this slowly over time, as everybody keeps saying, that only gives people more time to hide weapons, falsify paperwork, call in firearms as stolen, etc. etc. There would be a lot of that going on.

It will never make sense for our own government to go door to door collecting firearms in this country. It might have happened other places, but it will never happen here. It's simply not worth what it would cost.

If a national registration did go through and one risked a felony by not registering ones firearms, just what would you do with them after that ? Would you take them out shooting, hunting, to a range, or simply sit around a look at them and wait for an invasion ? Would you conceal carry one ?

In every European country that has installed registration laws, "illegal" firearms outnumber registered ones on the order of 3 to as many as 12 to 1. In Australia, during the 'semi-auto rifle confiscation," only about 600k firearms were turned in. Just two types, the SKS and the Ruger 10/22 were imported Down Under in numbers totaling in excess of 1.1M copies combined. That's a lot of boating accidents.

California expected well over a million "assault rifle" registrations. They got an abysmal fraction of that.

Compliance with registration is the only route to confiscation. Don't comply.

Some great views here guys keep them coming. If a national registration goes through then it may be to late to fight for our right to bear arms. hook686 that is why it is more important now to purchuse as much land as possible then ever. Ofcourse king Obama might not let u keep that ethier

Well I guess if they want to make me and millions of others into a felon for standing up for my/our rights then maybe we should act like one and become the best one we can be. Remember this country was founded by only a small portion of the populace at the time.

No I do not want to see a civil war or civil unrest of any kind but I also do not want to be controlled by a Tyrannical Government. Remember the laws that go into effect now may not seem to be bad at the moment but two presidents from now it could make a difference as precedence has now been set and can now be expanded on.

The constitution was written in part to protect its people from the government and sometimes we need to remind them of this. Currently this should be done by using the first Amendment not in threats but by honestly letting them know how you feel and how it will affect your vote. It does not hurt to remind them that they work for you and not the other way around.

I was told once by a gentleman who just made it to the US as a kid after most of his family was wiped out in WW2 that “if it is time to bury them it is time to use them” as you are now controlled by a Tyrannical Government.

Are elected officials need to know we as a group are willing to stand up for what we believe in but will not follow unlawful laws mad by man.

Absent a complete collapse of society, I would remain a law abiding citizen. If I could go to prison for not turning them in, I would have to consider doing so. My family needs me here to provide for them both financially and emotionally. My family comes first.

Everyone could form a corporation or trust like many Class III owners have done. The laws, if passed, will apply only to individuals. But if you own a corporation that owns the guns as corporate assets, they can't touch them. Most lawyers charge around $1000 to incorporate.

Just sayin....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top