JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's where we stand with 1 week to go. Let's plan on about 20 attendees. If we have more, perhaps we can find a Coyote to barbecue!

Have:

A dozen donunts... @WrenchNguns
Two cases water & cookies.. @NeverGoinBack

Need:
  • BBQ equipment
  • Cook & Cooks Assistant
  • Sign-in Attendant to help people get signed in and hand out the free raffle tickets.
  • Burgers, Hot dogs & Buns,
  • Condiments, & chips
  • Salad(s)
  • A 1 or 2 burner Propane cook stove (to cook the coffee and tea water)
  • Propane coffee pot and coffee
  • Snack bars
Thank you!

Cleanup when done Example.jpg

Drove up there this afternoon, just to be sure I could find the place. 13.2 miles and 40 minutes from the Safeway parking lot at 162nd Ave and Fourth Plain.

Talked briefly with the three guys shooting, and told them we'd be there next Saturday for a cleanup.

Parking is limited where you pull off; probably 6-8 vehicles if everyone parks in such a way as to make room for others. About 50 yds up the road is another pull-off on the right for several vehicles, and another just beyond.

3/10th of a mile up the road is second area where folks have been shooting. Just looked from the road, but there is a huge gravel pile on a downhill slope where targets have been put up.

Drove up there this afternoon, just to be sure I could find the place. 13.2 miles and 40 minutes from the Safeway parking lot at 162nd Ave and Fourth Plain.

Talked briefly with the three guys shooting, and told them we'd be there next Saturday for a cleanup.

Parking is limited where you pull off; probably 6-8 vehicles if everyone parks in such a way as to make room for others. About 50 yds up the road is another pull-off on the right for several vehicles, and another just beyond.

3/10th of a mile up the road is second area where folks have been shooting. Just looked from the road, but there is a huge gravel pile on a downhill slope where targets have been put up.

Yes, you had the right place. We'll do okay with the parking thing. Where those places very messed up? It's hard to tell at the first one because there's a lot of stuff behind the bushes. I'm not too excited about the gravel pile. There's no other backstop behind it and if you miss, a bullet will sail across the canyon. Sure enough, I saw someone had a target placed close to the top of it.

Thanks for the report. See you next Sat!

Let's revise the list once again. Because:

I just received a cash donation to help cover the BBQ food! You may thank @x2ndxall for the cash contribution! He posted earlier that he wouldn't be able to make it but would like to support our efforts. Very nice!

I'll do the best I can with the shopping list and try to get everything we need. If we're short, I'll post a last min notice and hope someone can fill the gap.

Have:

Hamburgers Hot Dogs & Buns (probably all the condiments too!)... Thanks x2ndall!!!

Need
:
  • BBQ equipment
  • Cook & Cooks Assistant
  • Sign-in Attendant to help people get signed in and hand out the free raffle tickets.
  • Salad(s)
  • Snack bars
Thank you!

The Jet Boil holds about 4 cups of liquid, (soup, water, reheat coffee, can of beans, ect...), and a small propane bottle attaches to the bottom (propane not included). Has a push button ignitor and a thermal jacket around the outside. The burner detaches with an easy twist and the lid is designed to drink right from the cup. There's no box with this but it is brand new. Pretty cool.

I'll be announcing more raffle prizes this evening. From Sporting Systems and Butcher Boys Meats! Odds are real good at winning a prize. Remember, this raffle is free to all who attend. We don't sell tickets. It's an appreciation for your attendance, an incentive to encourage volunteers to join in and a way for our vendors to show their support for our work.

Thanks all!

Hats off once again to Sporting Systems! These folks offer their full support for our efforts. They are actively involved in helping to find solutions to the concerns about shooting on public land. We're glad to have them as a supporting vendor!

Sporting Systems.jpg

Work matt, Splatter Targets, Cleaning supplies, 30 Rnd Mag, Sporting Systems hat and ladies shooting glasses!
IMG_7146.JPG

Not your run of the mill shop. You're welcomed with coffee or other refreshments. A large selection of handguns, rifles, suppressors & other items in stock.

Sporting Systems
408 W 9th St
Vancouver, WA

(360) 977-3808
Gun Shop in Vancouver, WA | Sporting Systems (http://www.sporting-systems.com/)

Saturday, June 18th, After the Cleanup Party, enjoy the booming sounds of "The Happy Trigger Dirt Band" at the 'After Party'! One day showing only.

Happy Trigger Band.jpg

Never been apart of one of these cleanups. Anything I should know/bring?
A list of standard attire is in the original post. Beyond that, if you can help with one of the other things, we'd appreciate that!

Thanks, Drew! Good to have you aboard and looking forward to meeting you!

Bill
Have:

Hamburgers Hot Dogs & Buns (probably all the condiments too!)... Thanks x2ndall!!!

Need
:
  • BBQ equipment
  • Cook & Cooks Assistant
  • Salad(s)
  • Snack bars
Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads