JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude... you have a phone. Turn it over...

You have to lock the screen auto-rotate.... too many swipes on the screen! o_O

@Kruejl ....How about occasionally posting compliments in a classifieds thread?

Although I never play the classified section "thread Sheriff", I have occasionally endorsed or elucidated further information on an item someone is selling (to aid them in selling it), or mentiond the asking price is a good deal.

You have to lock the screen auto-rotate.... too many swipes on the screen! o_O

@Kruejl ....How about occasionally posting compliments in a classifieds thread?

Although I never play the classified section "thread Sheriff", I have occasionally endorsed or elucidated further information on an item someone is selling (to aid them in selling it), or mentiond the asking price is a good deal.

Compliments are fine, I do it myself when I see a nice piece for a good price. Usually followed by GLWS (Good Luck With Sale for those that don't know).

My thought is, why does anyone care if someone is asking WAY too much for their item? Who cares? It won't sell at that price anyway. Just move on to the next ad. I sure don't feel the need to make my own personal "statement" that I don't like the price. My life goes on, and my money is still in my wallet.

My thought is, why does anyone care if someone is asking WAY too much for their item? Who cares? It won't sell at that price anyway. Just move on to the next ad. I sure don't feel the need to make my own personal "statement" that I don't like the price. My life goes on, and my money is still in my wallet.

Agree but it goes back to my like of others posting cheaper options....

Regardless, myself and the other Mods spend much of our time cleaning up classifieds full of posts like "Hey, PSA has that for less" or "I can build one for half that" or even "I remember buying those for $5 less a box at Cabela's last week....."

No, the red head isn't ok. Neither is any other negative comment or otherwise. It makes more work for us mods and again, it's against forum rules. Whether words or an emoji that's understood as smoking crack. Guys, really. Let it go.

Ad pet peeve #1: feet in pics... especially bare feet. I don't care how good the deal, I click away as soon as I see feet. I don't even want to see shoes.. unless that's what's for sale.

Ad pet peeve #2: Grainy or out of focus pics... Ya it's better than nothing, its literally harder to not take a legible photo. If your posting to the net.. you have the tech to take a decent pic.

Ad pet peeve #3: no description... saw an ad on armslist yesterday that said: M1 $300... no pic, nothing else. WTF?
is it a helmet, a rifle, or an abrahms tank?

Ad pet peeve #4: your list of demands to potential buyers being longer than your product description.... as if your doing folks a favor by letting them buy your crap. If you are selling something on a public forum, your gunna have to deal with the public... good luck making a sell when your terms are more restrictive than those of dating your daughter.

Ad pet peeve #5: no price. Thank you NWFA for that rule!

And lastly over priced items in a forum like this are not harmless... in that people browse and see what is being asked and assume that's the going rate. Then they post theirs for a similar price, and before you know it the whole forum is filled with used gear at full retail prices.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top