JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking for a decent Subcompact 1911 and Iv came across the citadel 1911 are these decent? or just junk?? would they be good enough to carry??? i know there are way better brands out there but my budget doesn't allow me to spend a lot..

I have owned three of these and the only complaint I have is the weight. At 34 oz empty w / mag, it is heavier than I prefer for carry. As far as accuracy and reliability I have no complaint and never had a malfunction. I am on record here in this forum (in other threads) stating my positive experience with the Citadel 1911. For right around $5oo you get the competition lightweight trigger and hammer, a lowered and flared ejection port, heavy barrel with full guide rod, 2 mags and decent checkered wood grips. I'm sure I will own another.

For less money you can get the same basic thing in a Rock Island Armory compact 1911

The RIA does not have the Novak style sights or the checkered grips like the Citadel and if I remember correctly from the one I owned it did not have the stainless guide rod either. The RIA that has all of this is called the Tactical version and costs about the same as the Citadel. The base RIA is still a very good value and it is the 1911 that really started the lower price / great quality theme in 1911s. You really won't go wrong with either.

Well I am Officially the owner of one these! now any suggestions on night sights? I hear they are some what are to get them for? im not a 1911 kinda person at all, so i know nothing about them... id also like some CT grips for it..

Well I am Officially the owner of one these! now any suggestions on night sights? I hear they are some what are to get them for? im not a 1911 kinda person at all, so i know nothing about them... id also like some CT grips for it..

Haha,A local "glock guy" gun store owner says 1911 are great if you like ancient technology

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top