JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rather than bragging about the high end gun(s) I own, I'll stick to the subject at hand.
I have a Tisas 1911. The basic GI model.
It runs perfectly. Never a bobble of any sort. No adjustments needed. GI trigger 4.5-5 pounds.
Nice CheckMate mags, identical to what they make for SA.
For the price (and probably a bit more) IMHO it can't be beat.
Of course, YMMV.

Rather than bragging about the high end gun(s) I own, I'll stick to the subject at hand.
I have a Tisas 1911. The basic GI model.
It runs perfectly. Never a bobble of any sort. No adjustments needed. GI trigger 4.5-5 pounds.
Nice CheckMate mags, identical to what they make for SA.
For the price (and probably a bit more) IMHO it can't be beat.
Of course, YMMV.
Nice humble brag

Sorry Terdog, can't help you directly since don't own a Tisas. As a general comment, however, I can say that Turkey has a first-class weapons industry (including the TAI TF Kaan, a fifth generation fighter) and that quality standard is reflected in my appreciation for the Turkish firearms I do own. They are very reliable and accurate, just plain work without fault. As a more external endorsement, I would also note that Weatherby has at least some of their shotguns manufactured in Turkey, which is saying something. I have absolutely no problem buying a Turkish firearm, and even recommend them. Others, of course, may see it differently.

I picked up a railed one not too long ago. Not a ton of rounds through it yet but its every bit as solid as my Kimber, nicer than the Rock Island.

No hesitation in getting another. Really wanting the GI for $300... But I have so many 1911 already

Screenshot_20231202-234902.png

I love 10mm 1911's. Or anything 10mm.

Seen a couple Tisas in basic state and 45 acp. I was impressed with the apparent quality, trigger and price. I like their 10mm offerings, especially the YUKON. Even though they are a seemingly great value, thats dependant on how they shoot.

I saw the thread by member "joken", but theres not much else.

Anyone?
I just fired a Yukon today 120 rounds . 100 S&B 180 gr flat point . I had 2 FTF out of those 100 . I fired 20 rounds of Sig Sauer 180 grain V- Crown with no issues . The checkering on the front strap is really nice and helps allot . Overall the fit and finish is great and is very well built . Best 620.00 I have spent in a long time

I have one, I'm happy with it. Especially at $330.

They're inexpensive because of low labor costs and the favorable Turkish Lira / US dollar exchange rate. Not because of low quality.

I just fired a Yukon today 120 rounds . 100 S&B 180 gr flat point . I had 2 FTF out of those 100 . I fired 20 rounds of Sig Sauer 180 grain V- Crown with no issues . The checkering on the front strap is really nice and helps allot . Overall the fit and finish is great and is very well built . Best 620.00 I have spent in a long time
Where'd you get it for that price?

I've got a few different Tisas 1911 in different calibers. None of them are the basic GI version; all have beavertails, etc. VERY nice guns for the money.

I'm not a big fan of ambidextrous safeties, so I've ordered non-ambi replacements for them and will be having a fitting party one of these days.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top