JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what people expect to happen to Alec even if he is found at fault. Which anyone with firearms training knows he was due to rule #1 treat every gun as it is loaded, #2 never point your gun at a target you don't intend to destroy and #3 finger off the trigger till you're ready to shoot.

But reality is celebrities get away with killing people all the time. Keith Moon, Vince Neil, Bruce Jenner, Robert Blake, OJ Simpson and countless others.

I doubt anything will happen beyond him being forced to pay out.

Not sure what people expect to happen to Alec even if he is found at fault. Which anyone with firearms training knows he was due to rule #1 treat every gun as it is loaded, #2 never point your gun at a target you don't intend to destroy and #3 finger off the trigger till you're ready to shoot.

But reality is celebrities get away with killing people all the time. Keith Moon, Vince Neil, Bruce Jenner, Robert Blake, OJ Simpson and countless others.

According to the article;

he new testing by examiners in New Mexico was conducted using a replacement "hammer, trigger/sear and bolt," according to their report, rather than the gun's original components. The weapon – broken during tests run by the FBI and inoperable when Forensic Science Services got it – then was returned to operable condition.

So the defense can argue that the original mechanism was faulty/broken and allowed the hammer to follow thru and fire the cartridge. I feel almost sure that will be their argument. It will be a battle of the "experts".

sounds like a bunch of ham handed clutzes who should not have been doing the testing ,were doing the testing. Any of thousands of SASS shooters could have had it done in 5 minutes,and not broken a very valuable piece of evidence.. sheesh

I think Baldwin is a scum of the lowest order, but didn't he think he was holding a movie prop loaded with blanks handed to him by the (supposedly professional) "prop master"?
I would assume so. He's a rich celebrity. They're use to people doing everything for them.

I have a possibility:

The 'examiners' will 'find' the gun to be in working order and then state the obvious (which has been mentioned previously) that if the trigger is held back and the hammer drawn back and released the gun will fire - which is most likely what happened.

THEREFORE it will be alluded to the gun is of a design which is NOT safe to be handled by someone unfamiliar with it and somehow use this to again draw him away from responsibility and keep the finger pointed at the armorer & the gun.

Just a crapshoot but anything is possible...

Last Edited:
I have a possibility:

The 'examiners' will 'find' the gun to be in working order and then state the obvious (which has been mentioned previously) that if the trigger is held back and the hammer drawn back and released the gun will fire - which is most likely what happened.

THEREFORE it will be alluded to the gun is of a design which is NOT safe to be handled by someone unfamiliar with it and somehow use this to again draw him away from responsibility and keep the finger pointed at the armorer & the gun.

Just a crapshoot but anything is possible...
That will be a leftist excuse to ban ANOTHER type of gun!

Joe

Those are suggestions not laws. He was an actor on a movie set and had every expectation that the gun was unloaded , or at least did not have live rounds in it, after having been cleared by the prop director. She is the one to blame. You really think its a good idea to have actors who dont know dick about guns tearing into cleared firearms on movie sets? As the producer of the film he will be paying, or at least his insurance company will be.

Those are suggestions not laws. He was an actor on a movie set and had every expectation that the gun was unloaded , or at least did not have live rounds in it, after having been cleared by the prop director. She is the one to blame. You really think its a good idea to have actors who dont know dick about guns tearing into cleared firearms on movie sets? As the producer of the film he will be paying, or at least his insurance company will be.
Where did I say it's a good idea? Lol

The prop master, armorer and Alec are all to blame in reality. Alec was the producer and as such he should've made sure everyone touching guns, even prop guns using blanks, was proper trained in gun safety including himself.

I mean fail to do that and this kinda thing happens.

It seams everyone is forgetting Alex Baldwin father was a firearms instructor and coached a school rifle team. Kind of hard to square that with the idea Alex did not know how to handle a firearm

A rich white guy? Yeah he will walk, we all know about our two tiered justice system. Us poor folk have to face the scales of justice while the rich folk get to thumb those scales with fat sacks of cash.

But its sure peculiar some of you seem to want to make everything political.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top