JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
an old Canadian friend from my past contacted me today, we caught up on the last 10 years - he's now an American citizen
my favorite story he tells is when he was a Master Warrant Officer in Canadian Special Operations Command back in 1991
his unit was deployed to a forward outpost in Croatia
at a point in time, their supply officer announced at a staff meeting they were low on specific supplies - catsup and beer
he always said the Canadians could live on limited rations - except lack of catsup and beer
the Canadian rations were so tasteless one needed catsup to eat them and the beer - well, do I need to explain why the Canadian Military needed beer?
for days in advance, they had their contacts spread the word across the countryside that the Cannucs were making a beer run - not a supply run, they were very specific it was a beer run
he told me they assembled a column with a Leopold tank front and rear and almost a dozen APCs in the center
they rolled out and made to the supply depot and back with no shots fired
Don't mess with the Canadian Army on a beer run!!!

Lucky they weren't in France

'The Champagne of Beers' leaves French producers frothing

BRUSSELS (AP) — The guardians of Champagne will let no one take the name of the bubbly beverage in vain, not even a U.S. beer behemoth.

For years, Miller High Life has used the "Champagne of Beers" slogan. This week, that appropriation became impossible to swallow.

At the request of the trade body defending the interests of houses and growers of the northeastern French sparkling wine, Belgian customs crushed more than 2,000 cans of Miller High Life advertised as such.

The Comité Champagne asked for the destruction of a shipment of 2,352 cans on the grounds that the century-old motto used by the American brewery infringes the protected designation of origin "Champagne."

Lucky they weren't in France

'The Champagne of Beers' leaves French producers frothing

BRUSSELS (AP) — The guardians of Champagne will let no one take the name of the bubbly beverage in vain, not even a U.S. beer behemoth.

For years, Miller High Life has used the "Champagne of Beers" slogan. This week, that appropriation became impossible to swallow.

At the request of the trade body defending the interests of houses and growers of the northeastern French sparkling wine, Belgian customs crushed more than 2,000 cans of Miller High Life advertised as such.

The Comité Champagne asked for the destruction of a shipment of 2,352 cans on the grounds that the century-old motto used by the American brewery infringes the protected designation of origin "Champagne."

Did they waive white flags surrendering first? Freaking snobbish bastards.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top