JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love my DA wolfman on my X.357 (on 5.56, on 300BO, on 9mm) would buy again even with the S5 debacle
I'm waiting to hear how the Mojave shakes out. If that's also a lemon, they might be done as a big name brand. People aren't as forgiving of NFA stuff as they are standard guns. Probably because of the wait time

Some BS I wrote in another thread fyi. If someone sees anything wrong in this BS please feel free to correct it.

Re what suppressor you should get, I'm not the worlds expert on suppressors but may be able to give some things to think about from the little I know:

1) diameter - wider ones may affect whether you can use a red dot without a riser or if you can use your regular sights vs higher "suppressor sights

2) length/volume - in general shorter cans are louder, especially through pistols. But design and short but wide can be similarly effective so just a generalization fwiw

3) piston/booster - if you shoot a pistol with tilting barrel (ie glock and anything else that doesn't have a fixed barrel (ignoring a couple exceptions)) you need a piston for it to work well consistently. Some brands sell piston separately for up to $200 and some suppressors include it with the suppreasor

4) back pressure - some suppressors have a "flow theough" design that reduces back pressure (in some cases to zero). This has multiple benefits, a) less gas in your face, b) less crud buildup on the bolt etc., c) potentially less effect on reliabilty particularly with guns such as mp5 that is susceptible to back pressure changing the bolt operation.

5) first round pop - some are designed to limit this. First round pop is when the oxygen in the suppressor gets burnt off in the first shot making the first shot louder than all the rest. I don't know enough about this to speak on it intelligently.

6) sound levels - imo the sound level varies less than the manufacturers would have you believe but tone can be different for sure. But again I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak on this other than I really do pay attention to reviewers such as Mr gunsmgear who take the measurements with the right meter, in the right way

7) ease of cleaning - better and more expensive materials such as titanium typically reduce cleaning from what I understand. I'll bow to others who know more about the specifics of this.

8) modularity - some suppressors can be used at 2 different lengths while others can be used at 10 different lengths or more - erector and Odessa 9 come to mind and there are others.

9) ability to accept a wipe - a wipe is a piece of rubber/other material you put in the front that reduces noise. It wears out and you replace it. Wolfman Fe gives you the info on what hardware store rubber washer to buy and makes it easy to replace.

10) weight

11) Is it rated for full auto use? (If needed)

12) Is it rated for the cartridge you will use? Many of the 9mm cans Fe are rated for use with 300 blackout subsonic but not 300 blackout supersonic.

So with all that out of the way I'll tell you why I chose Huxwrx rad 9, although I'm not saying it's the best for everyone, just why I chose it for me.

#1 cost - $789 reg price, $630 on sale (I don't think those sales will ever come back Imo) and comes with a piston/booster.
#2 flow through design so reduces back pressure, particularly important for my mp5 clones. It hopefully will reduce crud buildup and gas near my face for others
#3 length and sound levels - mrgunsandgear got an average of 124db which is the lowest he has measured for 9mm. It's long enough to be quite effective Imo
#4 diameter - was lower diameter than wolfman (for what that's worth). Odessa 9 is really low diameter
#5 modularity. I don't care much about this but the fact it can be used in two sizes is kinda cool I guess
#6 materials are good (ti tube, stainless baffles, alum. end cap) but I'm sure there are better liek all titanium out there

Last Edited:
Additional rad 9 vs rad 45 BS from the other thread fyi:

So what can that Rad 9 be used on then? not just 9mm?
Calibers that can be used in Rad 9:

View attachment 1849316

Calibers that can be used in Rad 45 (same design):
View attachment 1849317

This article is just ok Imo and talks about both rad 9 and rad 45. But no db data:

The associated video has a helpful feature. 9mm shot through rad 9, vs 9mm shot through rad 45. Skip to 4:40 mark

View: https://youtu.be/3YbSAye_6eM?si=535nWu2dYF1DsiLK

Last Edited:
I was looking for the mrgunsngear rad9 video but I forgot YouTube made him take most of those down. Anyway he got 122db in this test -after first round pop- which is getting close to suppressed 22 lr subsonic (pistol) numbers. Average of 124lb including first round pop shot.

Edit oops sorry I forgot you were looking for .357. Here is the rad 45 can video:

Last Edited:
Building your own works as well.

'Best' is subjective. Whatever you buy and use is the best for this rifle.

IMG_0360.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads