JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Dan Wesson
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Overview
Selling my beautiful Dan Wesson 15-2. I bought this gun very recently and haven't shot it yet. When I bought it, I thought to myself: "I'll buy the 15-2 now, then a barrel wrench, then a 6" barrel, and then I'll turn this 4-incher into the 6-incher I really want." Well, everything was going according to plan until, by no fault of my own, the 6" barrel I bought had anothet gun attached to it :rolleyes:!

Anyway: What we have here is a "Monson Gun" manufactured in the early 80's. Monson 15-2's are generally regarded as being the highest quality. The model designation is 15-2V, indicating that it has a 4", half-lugged, vent-ribbed barrel.

Condition
The revolver is an excellent condition for its age. It has some "honest wear" (cylinder turn line, slight handling marks, etc), but has absolutely no rust, pitting, or major damage of any sort. Bluing is in excellent condition and shows a deep, glossy finish that Dan Wesson revolvers are known for (on par with vintage Pythons). Rifling looks great and barrel face shows very little wear. This gun has clearly been well cared for.
The SA trigger pull on this revolver is absolutely amazing: incredibly crisp, zero overtravel, and it probably breaks at under 3 pounds. It's actually better than my 1955 S&w k22 masterpiece, if you can believe it!
The DA trigger pull is excellent as well: very short and smooth with minimal stacking.
Unlike most modern revolvers, the 15-2 has an adjustable trigger overtravel screw. This goes a long way towards improving both the DA and SA trigger pulls!

What you'll get
  • The revolver itself (no box or papers)
  • Two speed loaders.
  • An extra pair of "beater" grips that are identical to those shown in the pictures. The idea is that you can throw the "beater" grips on and keep the origins ones in excellent condition.
  • A NIB EWK Arms barrel wrench.
Trades
I'm opening this up to trades, but I'd definitely prefer a cash sale. Feel free to make any offer, worst I'll say is "no thanks" :).
Some of my trade interests include (in order of preference):
  1. JM stamped Marlin 336 in 30-30.
  2. Other lever rifles, either in 30-30 or 357/38.
  3. Possibly a 22 lr lever rifle.
  4. CZ 22 lr bolt rifle.
  5. Maybe a nice, custom 10/22?
Pictures
[NOTE: I'll add some better pictures soon, so stay tuned!]

9A47A697-86A3-4338-8A02-64105D872454.jpeg 4F751CD2-C145-43B4-86C6-0F724B948571.jpeg 09BD2CBD-8077-418B-99EE-B92B4AD8CB1F.jpeg 8AC14BB5-B722-4859-AC92-4D8BF4F9BD65.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
A beauty! If I was west of the mountains I'd be on that one. You don't see those service grips often. GLWS.
Thank you!
The service grips on this revolver are actually really fantastic. I have large hands and generally hate service grips, but these ones have much "fuller" feel than most.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top