JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We only planned being there Satruday as Sunday is a five to six hour drive home for us....from Vancouver that is. Add a couple more three hours from Puyallup and your looking at an 8-9 hour trip......we did about 111 applications Friday night and all day Saturday.

From what I see, we'll be back and try to catch more folks from Wa State.

Sorry we missed you.....

:s0129::s0129::s0129: Glenn

Sheriff Palmer-

I wished I would have found out about this sooner. I am thinking the next time you come up we should have some better logistics set up to support you.

There was a pilot here on the board, who flew down to Grant County with a few other Washintonian's (yes I know that is a made up word) to get his permit, maybe there is pilot who could fly you up to Puyallup on a Friday. I could pick you up at the airport (about 6 miles from my house) and take you to a hotel or maybe find a family who could host you.

Saturday morning of the show we get you in there before 0800 and get set up with some volunteers (and next time we'll make sure you get at least a "working" lunch at a minimum) to help you out. I have an idea how it could be set up, but then you are the Sheriff it's your show.

With enough advance notice, flyers could be made up and distributed through out western WA gun shops advertising your arrival and service. I ran into quite a few guys who would have shown up to get the permit had they known. I am thinking we could easily double that number of applications next time.

Think it over and let me know your thoughts. I showed up early SAT morning and got distracted and had to leave and by the time I got back you had closed up shop. Oh well next time.

By the way, I used to have my Oregon CHL/CWP (whatever it is called then) back in 2000 and expired it 2006. It had been issued by Crook County SO, do I need take another class or training video to obtain my permit?

Thank you for your service.

SF-

BAD NEWS - The sheriff was there on Saturday. i went on Sunday. MISSED HIM..

GOOD NEWS - My wife says lets go to Grant County and get you OR CPL. Anit she sweet.

My wife says to me, "Let's go to Camas and get our WA state permits, unless you want to find us a class for the Utah".

Gotta love her!

I wanted to take a second and tell al of those folks that stopped by and said hi that we appreciated the kindness and courtesy given to us while at the WAC gun show in Puyallup Saturday.....we actually started in Vancouver Friday evening at about 6:30 pm at the Round Table Pizza at the J&M Plaza where we met with Kevin Starret of OFF and Sal. We took about 22 applications there and jetted over to a place about 20 minutes away. Picked up 7 more applications there....Got back to our daughters and her boyfriends at about 11:30 pm or so....Up Saturday morning at about 3:30 and got on the road to Puyallup....Met with Tom Rasor of WAC who took us in and showed us our table where we worked from 8:00 a.m. to about 4:00 pm and did about 85-90 applications for the Oregon CHL. Just to let you know, we took no lunch break and only a few minutes of a bathroom break all day....We actually ran out of applications and we only brought 100 copies with us.

We met a bunch of neat people and enjoyed their kind words of encouragement in what we were doing.....This was a big learning experience for us in finding what worked and what didn't but it went smoothly as it could have.

I want you guys to know that this couldn't have been done without the hard work of my wife RoseAnn and our daughter Shawna and her boyfriend Kevin Oltmann from Vancouver.......So, if some of you that would like to help with this and have some spare time, possibly we could get some of you to volunteer and maybe take shifts in helping with our project?!?!?!?!

For those of you that donated to our Live SCan Fingerprint machine, we gathered about $800 in donations from the folks in Vancouver and Puyallup....We are getting really close to the $11,000 needed to buy the Live Scan.....

For those applicants that have things to send in to us to complete your packet, get them sent in so that we can get your application processed and your prints sent in to the state.....

Until next time,

Glenn

Sheriff, I would be happy to volunteer and I also need to get my Oregon Permit. Give a shout or better yet email me at [email protected]. Please let me know ahead of time so I can take off work.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Bob

To those of you that want to apply for your Oregon CHL....

Please do not send your applications to me here at the office. We need to take a set of fingerprints from you and take your picture. I cannot complete the process without getting these from you. Sending in your prints is not going to work as I need to verify that those were taken from you personally. Please hang on to your paper work and either come to our office or hang on to your application and fees until I can get on the road again and get them from you at that time. I am in possession of three more applications and there is nothing I can do until you come in or I travel again........
Glenn

I don't want to sidetrack this great thread, but I live in Oregon and want to get my Washington CHL (already have one for Oregon). Are there any WA County sheriffs in particular that make it as easy to get this done as Sheriff Palmer?

You can PM the info so as to not hijack :)

Thanks!

My wife says to me, "Let's go to Camas and get our WA state permits, unless you want to find us a class for the Utah".

Gotta love her!

fyi... you need to go to the clark co sheriff's dept(downtown vanc) for a cwp. Dont know about other counties in WA.

A quick update and MAJOR kudos to Sheriff Palmer and his staff! My permit arrived in the mail today! Applied at the show on Mar 27th, issue date of permit Apr 6th, mailed Apr 7th, received Apr 9th! I am extremely pleased.

Sheriff Palmer, I would be willing to help out at any upcoming shows you will be doing here in the area, please just keep us posted on when you will be in the area.

Once again, thanks for the wonderful service you are providing to us WA state residents!

Richard

Mine showed Friday! I'm so happy to not have to unload the pistol and toss it in the trunk when I cross the river! Seen as how I go to Portland every single day, it will be a nice change of pace to keep it on me and not worry about getting pulled over without an OR CHL.

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible and I look forward to the next time around so I can get the rest of my family to sign up!

Please be sure to donate to the collection Grant County is raising to purchase a finger print scanning machine so they can go inkless and reduce errors all in an effort to speed up the process!

Sheriff Palmer,

I hope you rub off on some of your peers. I met you at Puyallup show and you are a Class Act!! While I did not decide to get oregon conceal permit at that point it was nice and refreshing to know there is a sheriff who knows that Law abiding citzens do like to carry guns and most of us would help a officer in need if that time ever presented itself. Just wanted to find out when Your Moving to Washington :) Keep up the Great Work!!! Kudo's

I couldn't make the drive from Vancouver to Puyallup to get my permit. I have everything I need in order, but just need to get the ball rolling. Any chance he might come to the Portland show this weekend? (fingers crossed)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top