JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there's really no such thing as a "new box" of this ammo, since it hasn't really been made since the korean war. This ammo is technically an antique, so you're competing with cartridge collectors trying to get some. I would guesstimate you're looking at 30-60$ a box if you can find it in box quantity. You can occasionally find pulled bullets, or some 50's era surplus ammunition made by FN and sold to korea after the war. There was a company called bricklee trading that imported about 10 million rounds of the ammo, that came linked with tracer and ball. But that was back in the mid 90's, I'd bet most of it has been shot up, or is sitting in someone's stash.

I sold my Garand years ago but still have about 2.5 cases of 1x military brass ammo, carefully hand loaded black tip in Garand clips. Would be interesting to discover what it's worth, It's primo quality stuff

I sold my Garand years ago but still have about 2.5 cases of 1x military brass ammo, carefully hand loaded black tip in Garand clips. Would be interesting to discover what it's worth, It's primo quality stuff

Everybody has their own opinion, I will usually pay component price minus a little for loss (primed brass & pills, nothing for powder) for somebody elses reloads.

I have yet to shoot anyone elses reloads. Its just a safety thing.

Everybody has their own opinion, I will usually pay component price minus a little for loss (primed brass & pills, nothing for powder) for somebody elses reloads.

I have yet to shoot anyone elses reloads. Its just a safety thing.

Totally understand that, it's my rule as well, but in my case I am a reloader of 26 + years (I'm 50) and not one safety problem so far. I'll probably hang onto them, as they are virtually unobtanium now, and maybe even buy or trade for another Garand or maybe a SCAR in 30-06 so I have a use for them. I'll probably hang onto at least a few ammo cans full of the loaded enblock clips in any case just for SHTF if a Garand or buddy with a Garand comes along and needs it

I took a few hundred of my pills and made some nice .308 loads for my M1A. When I finish my 700 I will do a few hundred for it too.

I agree, they are a nice bottle of SHTF comfort just sitting on the shelf. ;)

Do AP rounds have any afect on our conventional rifle barrels. I never cared when I was using my goverment issued weaponry, I have never realy given a thought about civilian verses military barrels. anyone have info on this

Do AP rounds have any afect on our conventional rifle barrels. I never cared when I was using my goverment issued weaponry, I have never realy given a thought about civilian verses military barrels. anyone have info on this

If they have copper jacketing or proper teflon coatings they won't wear your barrel much more or any more than standard ball ammo

I saw this ad this morning, israeli-armor-piercing-308-152-gr

Now I dont know anything about any Israeli AP pills. Ive had my box cartridges (Denver Arsenal) and pulled 30-06 black tip pills for some years, *IF those are worth $3 each, then the above guess of $30-60 per box may be a real low guess.

A few years ago I bought a bag of .308 tungsten carbide A/P bullets, I paid $35.00 for 100 of them far as I know they are still for sale. I'd look in Gun Digest or Shotgun News near the back, they are usually listed as pulled projectiles, 30 cal. For $3.00 each I would buy loaded A/P rounds at the gun show

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top