JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow the infringement proponents are thick tonight. Did the mad moms hack members accounts or are there really this many members in support of 2A infringement?

If you support infringing on the right of some to keep and bear arms, don't be surprised if it impacts you one day.

Wow the infringement proponents are thick tonight. Did the mad moms hack members accounts or are there really this many members in support of 2A infringement?

If you support infringing on the right of some to keep and bear arms, don't be surprised if it impacts you one day.
1705492941342.png

1705493080154.png

It says a lot that the common smilies in the site software do not include one for sarcasm. One would think that such a feature would be standard for a software supporting internet discussion. :rolleyes:

Looks Ike a kid who got awards in school for just showing up, bet he never got his a$$ beat by his old man
Funny how you can identify in a short conversation (overheard or participated in) the people on this planet who, as a child never got popped in the mouth for saying something really, really stupid and inappropriate.

More and more of them everyday.

I get that emotions run high and everyone loves biting in on the bad juicy bits presented by the media's narrative, but really? Red flag laws are "good"??

One small point of clarification. He was found to have body armor on at the time of his arrest. In his home... and says nothing about him wearing it during his beer run. It just as easy to assume he knew he screwed the pooch and was attempting to protect himself for what was to come when the police arrived.

If he had been charged and found guilty of DV I would agree there may have been a point of intervention that might have occurred prior to the incident.

I take reports like that with a grain of salt simply because, 1. It's the medias job to paint a bad actor in the worst light possible. 2. I have within my own family one couple that includes a rather toxic individual. The man is fairly easy going and good natured, but in any relationship, arguments can erupt. The kicker is that his significant other uses calling the police and making false claims as a means to win verbal arguments. After actually doing it a few times it's her main "weapon" now to get what she wants just to threaten calling them again.

She once had him arrested and put on a 72-hour involuntary mental evaluation hold simply by claiming that he owned a firearm and was a danger to himself. Which was patently false and she later admitted she said that just because she was mad and wanted him out of the house.

He's a very upstanding, clean cut and stable individual, but the media could and would look at his record and see an arrest and 3 other calls to police for DV issues.

Not that the allegations aren't a true representation of this guys character, but I'm not going to swallow the media narrative whole and start spouting how we need to limit a persons 2A rights based on what others say, or if I "like" a person or not.

The only pertinent facts I see against the guy is that he was carrying while intoxicated, doesn't appear he had a CPL and the obvious... shot down another in cold blood without cause. No mention was made if those firearms were legally purchased or not.

In the end... yeah! Fry the guy, but it was interesting to read how a simply media narrative seemed to set people, in the 2A community no less, seemingly calling for stricter gun control laws(?)

Even a-holes have the right to exercise their 2A rights.
Yeahbuttā€¦.. the shooter-guy has a weasel face, doesn't THAT count for something?

;):D

Are we all reading the same OP and the same thread? I don't see anyone supporting "infringements" but rather noting that the news story mentioned 10 DV calls to the guy's home (okay, maybe one or two or three could be a psycho or vengeful girlfriend, but 10?) and the guy's age -- having turned 21 within the past year. Some red flags there, and I'm not talking ERPOs.

No one here was calling for stricter gun control. On the surface, the shooter violated numerous existing laws and is now going to face the music.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews