JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came into some of these powders, I don't know nothing about them so asking for some opinions on their performance in 9mm.
On another note, I have been using TiteGroup and Bullseye, love the TiteGroup, the Bullseye is a little dirty.

1E4C6D68-A3DF-46F6-8142-773F420A3EAA.jpeg

For normal 9mm loads the AA-2 should work fine. Lots of data out there. HS-6 is a slower powder and tends to be dirty at less than full case loads. Good major power factor powder for USPSA open division.

Accurate No. 2 is close to Titegroup and should work well in mild to mid loads. HS-6 is slower burning and dirty at lower charge levels. I used magnum primers with it and it runs cleaner at close to max loads. Both worked well for me in 9mm and .38 Special. Lately, I have been trying to use up leftovers Titegroup, CFE-Pistol and True Blue so I can get to the 8 lb keg of BE-86 I ordered…

Yep that is spot on, I've been wondering about why my TiteGroup and bulls-eye powder is being dirty. I do load them down to mid size loads, I don't want to be shooting wrist pounding 9mm major stuff, forget that. L O L

Another good one is Power Pistol, use it in 9mm and 38 super. Got a little more punch
than HS6. But I load heavy for the race guns anyway so don't have dirty troubles.

Yeah I don't mind for my training ammo that I load to mid way to be a little dirty, I shoot them a lot. But my SD ammo is up there and not so dirty.

I hear that true blue & CFE Pistol are very clean powders.

Best powder for 9mm is no longer made, IMR 4756 had a factory duplication load that was excellent.

Some years back a lot of the powders were discontinued and I expect more will be as our world changes.

HS6 is OK for 9mm but whatever load you choose it will save you grief if you stock upon powder. They can discontinue any powder at any time.

Another good one is Power Pistol, use it in 9mm and 38 super. Got a little more punch
than HS6. But I load heavy for the race guns anyway so don't have dirty troubles.
+1 on Power Pistol. I also like it for 90% .357 magnum loads. I ordered the 8 lb keg of BE-86 because others said it was close to Power Pistol, but not quite as "blasty", and also has a flash suppressant. And rumor was Alliant was raising all their powder prices 30%, so I went ahead and grabbed one before the price increase.

Best powder for 9mm is no longer made, IMR 4756 had a factory duplication load that was excellent.

Some years back a lot of the powders were discontinued and I expect more will be as our world changes.

HS6 is OK for 9mm but whatever load you choose it will save you grief if you stock upon powder. They can discontinue any powder at any time.
I was seriously considering selling or trading it but may keep them.

I was seriously considering selling or trading it but may keep them.
I've been using HS-6 for 9mm and .40cal since the beginning, 2011. You can't double charge as it will over flow. 6.2g- 6.4g. Measures great and burns clean, as mentioned, in the smaller, higher pressure cartridge's. I liked that there was data for a wider range of powder weight compared to Bullseye and TiteGroup

In this time of uncertainty you may want to hold on to the powders even if they aren't your preferred choices. Save them for when you run out of and can't get the "good stuff" and you'll be still loading and shooting when others are singing can't get no powder blues.

In this time of uncertainty you may want to hold on to the powders even if they aren't your preferred choices. Save them for when you run out of and can't get the "good stuff" and you'll be still loading and shooting when others are singing can't get no powder blues.
Good advice. Sometimes I think the powder availability on the shelf, albeit at rape pricing, tends to lull one into complacency with the thought that it will always be available. How quickly we forget.

Yeabut those aren't as easy to spell as vihihitori so..

Lulz

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR